Cards For Sale

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Stamping 411......Happy Birthday Pinwheel



Happy Tuesday Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the sketch this week on the Stamping 411 Blog.


After looking at the sketch a bit I decide I would make a pinwheel, they are very popular right know and even tho I have a die from another company that makes the cutesiest pinwheels, I decide to make one on my own. The kind that any one could duplicate, weather they have a die or not.
This one is made by starting with a 3 inch square of DSP . So cute and so easy.
I used some of the new Floral District paper that will be available from Stampin Up when the catalog breaks the first of June.

The base of my card is white card stock and I used Rose Red card stock for matting my layers.
The sentiment is from the Friendly Phrases stamp set. I matted the sentiment piece with Pumpkin Pie card stock.
I used one of the punches from the Itty Bitty Punch pack to make the little flower accents.
I used a wooden skewer for the handle to my pin wheel. I glued the pinwheel to the skewer using my glue gun and I used the glue gun to attach the pinwheel to the card.
There is no way this card would fit into a standard envelope. It is one of those cards that would be best hand delivered or attached to a present or gift bag.
I think the pinwheel turned out so cute!!
 I will do a little tutorial on making these pinwheels if anyone is interested. Just leave me a comment.

Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!

Vicki

12 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this is awesome girl! Love those new papers too and your handmade pinwheel rocks! I'd love a tutorial!
I, too, have a die for one but to be honest, it's a pain to use and a little big ;)

Wendy said...

Love this card, Vicki!! Adorable & bright papers just make this pinwheel stand out on it's own! Love it! :)

stampwithsandy said...

Vicki, I love this and I have been dying to learn how to make a pinwheel. I'd very much appreciate a tutorial.

debbie said...

Great bright happy card Vicki....Yes I would love a tutorial on a pinwheel!
hugs

lindaannga said...

I would love a tut also! Great card! I love lurking around here!

Anonymous said...

Vickie, Would love the tutorial for this pinwheel...so cute.

Thanks again for another great card.

Charlene

Darlene G said...

I would like to have a pinwheel tutorial. Your pinwheel is beautiful. Thanks.

Tammy Fite said...

Beautiful card! Love the pinwheel!! And, your colors are so pretty!!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is so fun Vickie......love it!

gbarron56 said...

Beautiful job, Vicki! Love the textures, colors, etc. And thanks as well for playing along at Stamping 411 Blessings, Gretchen

Krissie said...

Great minds think alike, I made a pinwheel exactly like this for a card a few weeks ago, love this paper!!
http://strictlystampin.wordpress.com/2012/05/21/floral-district-pinwheel-card-sneak-peek/

Anonymous said...

Yes, I NEED a tutorial on making a pinwheel because your card is so stinkin' cute!