Cards For Sale

Sunday, February 12, 2012

SSSC152.....Happy Birthday


Happy Sunday Peeps!!

It is time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.

Here is the SWEET sketch Karen has for us this week:


One of the good things about doing this sketch challenge every other week is it gives me alot more time to come up with something I like, that is also what is BAD about having that extra week. I tend to over think everything I do and that goes double for my card making! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE most sketch challenges but the ones with small repeating elements like this one tend to freak me out a bit!  I never know what exactly to do with them.
These cute little flowers I used on my card are from the Stampin Up "Array of Sunshine" stamp set. I had stamped them cut them out and layered them up for another project I was working on and then couldn't make them work. I laid them aside and they were still laying on my desk when I started to think about this sketch. 
they worked out great for the small square elements on the sketch.


The base of the card is daffodil delight card stock and the DSP on here is from the Pocketful of Posies paper pack. I have been hooked on using these rhinestone and pearl swirls lately, (non SU). On this card I used some clear rhinestone swirls made by Prima.
The sentiment is from the "A word For You" stamp set and is stamped with black stazon onto white. I cut the ends and curled it to create the "flag".


I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.

OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team, and Guest Designer has in store for us this week:






and
Jessie Rone-Sweet Sunday Guest Designer

Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

12 comments:

Karen Motz said...

Vicki, this is so pretty with all the bling!!!

Leslie said...

Love those flowers as the focal point and that lovely rhinestone swirl! So pretty!

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this is fabulous! Love how you used the flowers for the three elements! Brilliant! LOVE those swirls too!

Lynn Put said...

Beautiful Vicki! Your layered roses with the rhinestone swirls look fabulous!

Karen Giron said...

Vicki, this is gorgeous! You would never know that you were freaked out by those darn squares, haha! Love the dimensional roses and all the bling. I'll have to throw in a tilted panel here soon to freak everyone else out and even things up a bit, k? hehe!

Jodi said...

The colors are so bright & fun! I love what you came up with using the flowers for the square element. Thanks for sharing!

Dana White said...

Vicki the flowers are awesome. The dimension you added and the bling are perfect.

Maria said...

Very lovely card! Great job with fussy cutting the flowers! Love the added bling, too!

Nancy said...

Vicki, Love the flowers and love your work...not matter what your cards are all amazing!

Julie said...

Your use of this set is what made me break down and get it.

Shannon White said...

OMGosh this is Soo Pretty!! 8-) Love the cheery colors and Sweet flowers and your Wonderful take on the sketch too! Wowzers! Just Fabulous Vicki! Thanks so much for the inspiration! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Jeannie said...

Lovely! Love your color combination!!