Cards For Sale

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

CC362....Happy Birthday


Happy Hump Day Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a card made with the color challenge this week on Splitcoaststampers.
This week the colors to use are Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, Bashful Blue and of course Neutrals of your choice.
I was inspired by this beauty by Heather Klump while making my card. 

I started my card with a base of Night of Navy and then followed that with some Bashful Blue and then some 
Crumb Cake that I embossed with the Stampin Up Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing folder. I sponged some distressing ink onto the crumb cake to bring out the stripes. I curled the edges a bit too.


My main image is made up with the Labels Collection Framelits Die. I first stamped this beautiful piece from the Apothecary Art stamp set onto some whisper white with black stazon and colored with my aqua painter and night of navy ink, I added some old olive to color the leaves and outlined a bit with some crumb cake ink.
 I cut out the image by hand and then used the die for the next two layers, one in night of navy and one in some DSP from the Cheerful Treat paper pack. I added a paper lace doily behind it all. I sponged the doily a bit with some more distressing ink.
I used some night of navy satin ribbon across the bottom and tied a bow. I finished it off with a few basic pearls on the flowers and corners of the card.
The sentiment is from the Happiest Birthday Wishes stamp set.
Thanks so much for stopping by today and
 HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Yummy colour combo and a fabulous card. Love the flowers and the layered focal panel.

Wendy said...

Beautiful card!!!!! Love the colors! :)