Cards For Sale

Thursday, September 29, 2011

CC342.......Holly Jolly


Hello Peeps!
Just popping in here with a quick post. This is a card I made with the color challenge this week on Splitcoaststampers. Loved these colors together and they really scream winter, Pool Party, Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso. I also used very Vanilla. The dessert option was corrugated, I used my crimper to achieve the corrugated  hat.

This is a large card, 5-1/2 ich square. I used the retired set from Stampin Up called "Holiday Hoopla", I love the cute little Santa in this set. The sentiment is from the Stampin Up set called " Bright Christmas"

I used two embossing folders on here, the Square Lattice and the Snowburst., I did keep this very CAS, with a few layers. I used some wide ribbon for a tab at the top and a few basic rhinestones.
I used my aqua painter to add a bit of color to the Santa's face and some shading to the beard. I used some dazzling details along the cuff of the hat.

I promise you that my layers are even, even tho they don't look that way at the bottom, I think the embossing of the pool party piece makes it stand out just enough to make it look uneven in the photo. :/


Well that is all from me today, thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki



3 comments:

Marisa said...

Love the crimped hat and the touch of the wide, striped ribbon. Darling card.

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this Vicki! This Santa is SO cute (STOP ENABLING ME ALREADY) and I LOVE his crimped hat and the textured background!!

Wendy said...

Adorable! :)