Cards For Sale

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

CC332....Snow Fun


Happy Hump Day Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a card I made with the color challenge yesterday on Splitcoaststampers. The colors are Pool Party, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip and any neutral of your choice.

I decided to use this new Stampin' Up set called "Snow Much Fun" to make another Christmas card. It has been so unbearable HOT here the last few weeks with no end to it in sight, so I am thinking "Cool" thoughts and looking forward to fall and winter, I really dislike summer.

I stamped the snowman and tree image onto some white card stock and used my aqua painter and ink pads to color them in. the only chocolate chip on here are the tree trunk, snowman's boots and hat. I used the pool party and wild wasabi for the rest. I did add some pumpkin pie for the nose and a bit of melon mambo for the cheek.


I used the Scallop Square Bigz Clear Die for the base of the card. The image panel is matted with wild wasabi and added to the base with some dimesionals. The ribbon I used is some retired wild wasabi and is wrapped around the card and I used the crop a dile to put a couple of holes in the top panel to bring the ribbon up through. I tied a bow and then used the mat pack and piercing tool to pierce the scallop square base. The sentiment is stamped with black onto the with and I used the modern label punch to punch it out and for the wild wasabi matt.

Well, that is all from me for today, thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Super cute, Vicki! Love this in these colors! It really has a cool feel to it! :)

Marisa said...

Such a cute image and love the scalloped card shape.

-Susan- said...

DArling card...love the colors you chose. This stamp set is too cute. Going to have to order this one!

Linda Callahan said...

Totally enjoying your cool card because we are actually having a heat wave here as well :)

Dawn Easton said...

Adorable snowman! Going to need him ;) Love that Pool Party colour!!!