Cards For Sale

Monday, March 9, 2009

Sweet Friend




Good Monday Morning Peeps!!! Hope ya'll had a great weekend!

Today's card is made with this weeks sketch on Jen's Blog, I heart to Stamp.

I am so in love with the colors in this card. The DS paper is some of the new textured paper from SU. This one is called Sweet Slumber. I am just a country girl at heart and these colors are so warm and homey together, everything I make with it just seems so "country".

I started of with a base of ruby red and followed that with some so saffron and some striped paper. I pierced all around that layer with my piercing tool and mat pack. The vertical layer is baja and some polk-a-dot DS paper.

The next layer is ruby red and so saffron with ruby red brads in the corners. I stamped the main sentiment piece onto some PTI white cardstock and cut it out with my circle nesties and my cuddlebug. I then cut a scallop circle to mat the sentiment with. I of course pierced the scallops. I used my slit punch to punch the slits for the ribbon to go through. The ribbon is from the SAB ribbon bundle in so saffron and I tied a big ol' bow. mounted my sentiment with some dimensionals and added a pretty punched butterfly.

I have to take a moment here to send a shout out to my cyber friend Nancy, she does a weekly pick of her favorite cards and projects on her blog iStamp and this week she picked one of my cards. Thanks Nancy, your the bestest!!!

Well, that's all I got for you today. Thank you so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!!

Vicki

4 comments:

Jacquel said...

Fab card and I like the colors you used Vicki! tfs!!

carol h said...

Great color combo. Gorgeous!!

Nancy Riley said...

Beautiful use of the designer paper, Vicki! I too love this color combination!

Jaspere said...

Those colors are great and so is the layout. That's one of my favorite SU sentiments. I almost bought the set because of that very one.