Cards For Sale

Friday, July 24, 2009

SASSC If Nothing Ever Changed



Good Friday Morning Peeps!!! Hope you all have had a great week and are looking forward to the weekend! I am super excited for tomorrow and the Catty Cruise!!! I sure hope you will stop by and see all the fabulous creations on the cruise!!!

Today's card is made with the sketch on the Stamps and Smiles Fresh Batch Blog.

I started my card with a base of tempting turquoise followed by some real red and then some of the Pink Flamingo DS paper. The next layer is more tempting turquoise and more pink flamingo DS paper. I pierced all around this layer with my piercing tool and mat pack. The main image panel is made with the Flight of the butterfly set. I stamped the butterfly twice, once on the whisper white and then again onto a scrap of turquoise. I used the stamp a ma jig to line up the sentiment. I cut out the wings of the butterfly from the turquoise piece and rolled them a bit around a marker, to curl the wings. I then glued them just on the middle edge to the white piece. I mounted it onto a real red piece of card stock. I added a bunch of stardust stickles to the wings and set it aside to dry. I added some real red grosgrain ribbon around the bottom piece and tied a knot. I punched out three real red circles with my 1/2 inch circle punch and added them to the upper right corner and then added three silver brads to the center. After the butterfly was dry I mounted that panel to the main one with some dimensionals.

I did leave off the circle element from the sketch on my card. I tried several things there and just could not make anything work, so in the end I just did nothing!!! LOL!!

Well that is all for today, Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure and come back tomorrow for the Catty Cruise. You can see the line up and get a sneak peek of one of the awesome projects on the cruise here.

HAPPY STAMPING!!!!!!!

Vicki

11 comments:

TannyP said...

That's a fantastic card, Vicki! Great colors and the sketch worked wonderfully =)

Joanne Travis said...

Wow, I really love that paper. It's so much prettier here, I hardly noticed it in the catalog. I'll have to add this to my next order :) Love your card, all of the details are so perefct!

Sara said...

So so pretty, those papers are gorgeous!

Deb said...

Cute Card Vicki.

Kim Pope said...

Very cute. I like that DSP.

Rose said...

Great card Vicki! I love the DSP you used! Your work is just beautiful as always!

Lois said...

Cute card and can't wait to see what's in store for tomorrow on your blog.

Dawn Easton said...

Absolutely beautiful, Vicki!!!

Vicki said...

A lovely card Vicki, I love the butterfly you have used and the colours work well together.

Vicki x

Rhonda Langley said...

Fabulous! Love how you made the butterfly-sparkles are always a good choice!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Vicki, I LOVE your design with the butterflies and the dp is SO pretty! You rocked out sketch!

Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles! Hugs, Jennifer :)