Cards For Sale

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Divine Design Challenge




Happy Valentine's Day Peeps! Hope you all had a great week and are having a even greater day. Remember to HUG your loved ones!

Today's card is one I made for the Divine Design Bible Verse Challenge 09 on splitcoast. I first read about it here on Lori Craig's blog "Make a Difference". I really loved the card she made with the SU "Branch Out" set and the verse on her card really makes you think.

I wanted to try to make a card with one of my favorite Bible verse's. Years ago when I was young and was learning to do counted cross stitch, I made a piece with this verse and as I recall it had a bucket of apples with it, I am going to look for that cross stitch piece, I think I might still have it somewhere. But anyway I thought what a perfect way to make my card and use my bucket of apples I had showed you last week that I had colored with my copics.

I started out by printing the verse onto my cardstock with my printer. I then stamped the bucket of apples, from the now retired SU set "Give Thanks." I colored in portions of the image with my copics and then took the one I had already colored and cut it out and mounted it over the first one with some dimensionals.

I added some kiwi kiss green to the bottom with my aquapainter, very lightly. and added three aged cooper brads under the sentiment. I then mounted that piece onto a piece of real red card stock. My bucket matches pacific point very well, so I used that as my base. I ran the front of the base through the cuttle bug with an embossing folder. I then mounted the main panel onto the base with more dimensionals and added a spiral clip and two pieces of red gingham ribbon.

Well, that is all for today, Hope you all have a great weekend and Valentine Day. Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Stamping!

Vicki

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the coloring job! I have that stamp set too but none of my images have ever looked that good!

Jaspere said...

This is so lovely. That ribbon is a perfect match for your image.

Dawn Easton said...

This is beautiful!!!

Joanne Travis said...

Your coloring is amazing, Vicki!!
Happy Valentine's Day!!

Michelle said...

All I can think of to say is "WOW"! You did an amazing job!!

Jacquel said...

Fab card Vicki and I like the colors you used...tfs!!

Tammy said...

I love how your apples look so shinny and ready to eat. So cute!