Cards For Sale

Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkin Snowman


Hello peeps and Happy Halloween!!! Hope you all have a "Spook-tacular" Day!!!

Today's card was made for the limited supply challenge on Splitcoast. We were to use our stamps in "disguise". In other words not as they were originally intended. I used the pumpkins from the SU set Autumn Harvest. I masked the centers and top of with sticky post it notes and stamped the big pumpkin first and then the smaller one on top if the big one to form the snowman head. I used watercolor paper and shaded the pumpkin snowman in with my aqua painter and some close to cocoa ink. I had made the scarf and hat and stick arms. I used the trees from Su's Loads of Love and tore the paper to look like snow drifts. I originally started making a larger card, but when I went to use my ticket corner punch on the image panel, I had mistakenly picked up the tag corner punch and so once the corner was punched, I switched up the whole card to look like a big tag. I used a jumbo brad at the top and some real red striped ribbon.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and Happy Stamping!!!

4 comments:

Stef H said...

Vicki: This is adorable! I love the whole thing! Very creative.

Stef H

KOstvig said...

very cute I need to go look at my stamps differently

Lois said...

cute cute cute...vrey clever!

Chris said...

A very happy accident Vicki, I love how your card looks like a tag and your ingenuity! Great job of disguising your pumpkin stamp too. Chris x