Cards For Sale

Monday, November 28, 2016

Creative Challenge with Wendy......Post It Notes




Happy Monday Peeps!!!

I made it through the long Black Friday weekend at my work and I am more than ready for a couple of days off. It was crazy busy!!

So as you all know my sweet friend Wendy, from WeeBeeStampin4Fun, and I have been doing Creative Challenges back and forth for a while now. It was my turn to throw down the challenge and when I was getting some swaps ready for OnStage last month I came across these little post it note holders with pens that I bought a few years back from Pick Your Plum. I decorated a few to give out to some friends.
While making them I decided they would be great for our next Creative Challenge. So I packed a few up, along with some other things, and mailed them off to Wendy.

The Santa thinlit die is ALMOST a perfect fit.


I die cut my Santa using Cherry Cobbler card stock. I did trim off just a bit of the Santa along one side and then reglued down the the edge piece to give it a finished look.

The sentiment on here comes from the Greetings from Santa stamp set. 
I stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink and die cut with a small die that is in the Bakers Box thinlet set.

I then had to make one using the new stamp set I was able to pre order from the upcoming Occasions mini. I love the Lift You Up set with matching dies. The hot air balloon is PERFECT!
The dies even cut out the pieces that fit behind the balloon, the ones I cut in different colors. Those pieces can be used like I did here or to make another hot air balloon, they are so versatile. Do you see the clouds? They are another die in the set and the matching stamp set.



The DSP on here is one that will be available in the Sale-A-Bration catalog.

Inside shot of the post it note holder with little ink pen. 



And her is picture of both my endeavors:



I think they both turned out so cute.

I hope you will hop on over to Wendy's blog to see what she did with my little challenge.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Vicki

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

These are great! Love the balloon with the multi-colored background!

Wendy said...

Love, love, love! These are both SO adorable, Vicki! This challenge was alot of fun as these Post It Note Holders were quick & super easy to decorate! Love your Santa one done in Cherry Cobbler and I love that it fits perfectly on the holder! Your hot air balloon is amazing too! The dsp & the diecut clouds are so pretty and goes great with the balloon! The balloon is FABULOUS with the different colors in the balloon itself and your sentiment finishes it off perfectly! I totally LOVE these! Great challenge and as always...you rocked it! I hope now you can enjoy a few days off and unwind. Love ya!