Cards For Sale

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Inspired by all the little things.......Happy Birthday Sunflowers


Happy Saturday Peeps!!

First up I want to apologize for my long blogging break, I have had such a busy August with work, babysitting and just life in general that I had little or no time to create and so I decided I would just take a little break to get it all lined out. So I hope I have gotten things organized enough to find time for a bit of stamping between all the craziness that is my life! :)

Anyway on to my card, I was asked a while back by my sweet friend Lesley Croghan  if I would be the guest designer for this week at Inspired by All the Little Things. I was thrilled to play along.


Here is our Inspiration this week:


I love sunflowers, they are one of my all time favorites. so when I went looking for a stamp set to use I found this fun set from Stampin Up that was an extra bonus set a few months back in the Paper Pumpkin Kits.

It is a fun set, I love the sketchy look of the flowers.
I stamped the flowers using Crushed Curry ink and the centers are Early Espresso ink.
I used garden Green for the stems and leaves.
The sentiment is from the same set and is also stamped with Early Espresso ink.


The base of the card is Night of Navy card stock and I used a piece of some retired DSP across the bottom.
I added some 1/4 inch stitched ribbon (also retired) across the bottom and tied a pretty little bow.
I have not used any ribbon on a card in a long time, hard to believe, I use to never think a card was finished without it. Now I almost never add it.  
I finished up with a few Night of Navy candy dots.

I must share a new picture of our sweet Audrey:


She is growing fast!

Be sure and head over to the Inspired by All the Little Things Blog and play along with us!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Vicki








9 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Congratulations on guest designing for Inspired By All the Little Things! Your card is so pretty! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

KimCreate said...

Thanks for joining us at Inspired by all the little Things! Your card is so pretty and your little Audry is adorable!

Lesley said...

So happy to have you guesting with us, Vicki! Your card is lovely as always! Audrey is so pretty! What a joy!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, I'm so glad you're guest designing, and I LOVE your card! What a fabulous inspiration piece and a wonderful way to interpret it. Love these sweet flowers and the great DP and ribbon! Stunning, sweet friend, and it's so nice to see you back. I love seeing sweet Audrey, and she is growing so quickly. I saw her on FB this morning too! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Lyn said...

Such a gorgeous card, and a gorgeous wee girl too :)

Allisa said...

Love the flowers, great take on the inspiration photo.

HJ said...

This is a beautiful card. I love the stamp design and the color combo. Audrey is adorable!

Wendy said...

Love, love, love this card, Vicki! So pretty in these colors and I love your sunflowers! The Night of Navy card base just pops! Adorable picture of Audrey! She is growing SO quickly! Love & hugs to you my friend and it's great to see you back at creating! <3

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card, Vicki! Love your fabulous take on this weeks inspiration photo! Thank you so much for being our guest designer!