Cards For Sale

Saturday, July 9, 2016

SIP and Global Design Project.....birthday wishes shaker


Happy Saturday Peeps!!!

Popping in here quickly to share a card I made using the sketch at Stamps, Ink, Paper Challenge

and the theme challenge at Global Design Challenge



When I first saw this sketch I immediately thought shaker card and the Global Design Challenge party theme  was perfect for my shaker card too.  I have to say I have not made very many shakers and I also have to say that shaker cards and I are not best friends.

This card took an inordinate amount of time for me to make. 


I used Crumb Cake for the base and the DSP is from the It's My Party stack.
I used my new stitched rectangle dies on the base piece and the shaker piece, love those dies.

The sentiment is from the Build a Birthday stamp set.

My thought originally was to put a few candles to the side but ended up doing the little pennants instead.
I think they are cute. I used a paper doily under the shaker piece for some added texture.

I filled my shaker with a bunch of gold sequins and then added a few around the card as well.




I like how my shaker eventually turned out but it was way out of my comfort zone, which is a good thing every now and then. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

Vicki




4 comments:

Wendy said...

Wowzers! This card is awesome, my friend! Love your stitched panels and the use of the It's My Party DSP. The pops of gold from the sequins really stand out but what I love the most are your pennant flags! Super cute idea to compliment your shaker card! Terrific card, Vicki! Hope you have a great day! Love ya!

Gingin said...

Love your shaker card Vicki! Those pennant flags and the doily are fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper:)

Unknown said...

Oh Vicki, there are so many fabulous elements to your card, where do I even begin! I keep noticing something else each time I look at this card, but I think it's the shaker aspect and little trio of flags that make it most fun! Awesome job. Thanks for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week. So glad you did. Crystal

stampwithsandy said...

Vicki this is beautiful! I love the shaker element and the cute toothpick flags. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Stamp Ink Paper!