Cards For Sale

Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy 4th of July.......Celebrate


Happy Monday Peeps and Happy 4th of July to all!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the Stampin Up Swirly Bird set.

I love the kites in this set.

Normally I make several Americana cards this time of the year but this is my only one this year.

I love how it came out tho. When I sat down to make a card to post today and knew I wanted to try to make some flag looking kites. this card came out pretty much how I envisioned when I started, which is not my norm. 

Everything on my card is Stampin Up except the little star stickers, these are some I found in my stash as I was looking for something to add to my BG around the kites. They work perfectly, I do not even know where or when I got them.


The kites are stamped with Night of Navy and Real Red ink
. I stamped four of these and layered them up with dimensionals between the layers,
 it really adds great dimension to the front of the card. 

I stamped the tails and bows with the same colors.
The sentiment comes from an old Paper Pumpkin kit from last year.
The navy banner is embossed with the lucky star embossing folder,

I used some cherry cobbler Bakers twine around the top and also added a silver clip there as well.
I added in the silver glimmer paper in the end cos I felt it needed s bit more sparkle and it was the perfect choice.

I have another cute pic of Audrey to share, dressed in one of her Americana outfits:


You can't see much of the outfit, but isn't that bow too cute? 

I hope you that are celebrating this 4th have a safe and happy celebration with family and friends.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Vicki



2 comments:

Wendy said...

Awww, little Audrey is adorable in her patriotic attire! Love it & growing SO fast!!
Your card is gorgeous, Vicki! Love the patriotic kites and all the little stars and bits of silver sparkle! You always make the most amazing cards, my friend!
Hope you guys have a wonderful July 4th holiday! Sending love & hugs from The Aungst family!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, what a great Fourth of July card, and hehe! I LOVE Audrey's little outfit! What a sweetie pie. She's growing so quickly!!! Keep on hugging, and I know you are, sweet friend! Hugs!