Cards For Sale

Thursday, July 28, 2016

GDP....birthday wishes


Happy Thursday Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the challenge this week at Global Design Project, this week it is a sketch:


Great open space on this sketch, so I took the opportunity to try out this Faux Mother of Pearl technique.

I love the look altho you can not see the fun glimmer in my BG piece.

I used some frost white shimmer paint, that was from Stampin Up but no longer in the catalog, under my inks to add the shimmer, I used my Tangerine Tango and Melon Mambo ink pads for sponging.


I love those two colors together!
 I die cut and layered two flourishes for my card front.
I left a few parts of the flourish unglued so I could curl them up a bit for added interest and dimension.

The sentiment is from the Build a Birthday stamp set.
I added a small silver glimmer heart to the sentiment.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Vicki.



3 comments:

Paula Dobson said...

Such a lovely colour combination Vicki, perfect for this technique. I wish we still had the shimmer paint! Thanks for playing at Global Design Project with us this week.

Mimi said...

Vicki, I just wanted to stop by when I saw your cute card on my blog feed, and realized that you should also submit it to Shopping Our Stash-- the current challenge is to use stitching! And this is so cute!
I love the colors-- that's what drew me in!

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous, Vicki! Love the pretty background and that gorgeous white flourish! That background just shines! :)