Cards For Sale

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches.....You Are So Kind


Happy Thursday Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches.


I love the Farmers Market DSP in particular the gingham prints in the pack. I used the Blackberry Bliss Gingham along with another piece of DSP from the same pack for my jumping off point for this card.

I really wanted to use the Flower Patch stamp set with its matching dies. I got this set last year and had never used it. So I was determined to use it today.

Some days you hit the mark and other days it is just eh!

Not as thrilled with this card as I wanted to be but it is OK.

The base of the card is Crumb Cake card stock then a layer of Naturals card stock.
The flowr is stamped several times with Blackberry Bliss and cut out and layered with dimensionals.
The top layer is stamped off once to get the lighter appearance.
The leaves are stamped with Wild Wasabi and hand cut out.

I made my tag using the scallop top tag topper punch.

The sentiment is from the Watercolor Wings stamp set.
I added some Blackberry Bliss ribbon along with a vanilla vintage button to the top of the tag.

I finished up with a few gold sequins.
Thanks for stopping by today!

Vicki





7 comments:

Wendy said...

This is very pretty, Vicki! Love the Blackberry Bliss color! The flower, papers & tag are all perfect! Great job! :)

Susan G said...

I'd class this more than OK. I love it and can't wait to CASE it!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

This card is just so pretty, love that gorgeous flower stamped with Blackberry Bliss and the sweet details of the sequences and button. I still have a few of this buttons, they are just so beautiful, to bad they retired them.
Thank you for sharing your card at Freshly Made Sketches.

Maria Rodriguez.
www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com

Marisa said...

Great take on the sketch and love that flower! Tag is perfect for this sketch and what a fabulous card.

Kim S said...

I love the way you have showcased the wonderfully dimensional flower on the tag. The papers are perfect accents. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Gisela said...

Vicki I love this card, I'll have to CASE this one.

Karren said...

This is such a pretty card! The tag is a great interpretation of the sketch and the colors are beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.