Cards For Sale

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Sweet Sunday......Celebrate


Happy Sunday Peeps!!


Here is the sweet sketch we have this week:



Since the 4th is just around the corner, and the sketch had stars (of course you do NOT have to use stars) I immediately knew what I wanted to do.

I started with a card base of Naturals card stock.
I then uses some red stripe paper from a past Paper Pumpkin Kit.
The Night of Navy is made with the Hearst and stars Decorative Mask (stencil)
I used some modeling paste along with the mask to add the white stars, I love the look of that technique. 



I added a strip of  silver glimmer paper across at an angle.
The large star comes from the Be the Star stamp set and scored the lines in the star and folded it to create a 3-D effect.
I added some looped twine behind and attached the large star with dimensionals.
The smaller stars are punched out with the star punch in the itty bitty punch pack.
The celebrate is from the Endless Birthday Wishes stamp set.
Be sure and head over to the Sweet Sunday Sketch Blog to see what the rest of the girls did with this sketch.
Thanks for stopping by today!

HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki





3 comments:

Becky Peterson said...

I love this! So simple!! Great work.

Georgiana said...

Perfect patriotic card. That star is pretty cool too!

Wendy said...

Such a pretty patriotic card, Vicki! Love the stars done in modeling paste (which I still have not gotten!) and that great red striped paper! :)