Cards For Sale

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Sending "blue" Wishes Your Way



Hello Peeps!! 

I have another card to share with you today.
This one I made using the color challenge  at the Paper Players, sadly I missed out on be able to link it up there. That is alright, I am still happy to share it with ya'll!!!

The colors for the challenge was Sahara Sand, Pistachio Pudding and Lost Lagoon.

I decide to try my hand at some Lost Lagoon  "blue" flowers.
I stamped the flower from the Butterfly Basics stamp set onto some Naturals Ivory card stock using my Black Stazon ink pad.
I colored up the image using my aqua painter and ink pads.
I then made the crazy decision to hand cut out this image. LOL!! 
It wasn't too hard to do, mmmm yea NOT to bad at all!!!
I then set it aside to make the rest of the card.
The base is Sahara Sand card stock and then I used another layer of Sahara to stamp the Hardwood BG onto. I used Sahara Sand ink for that.
I also stamped some leaves from the Butterfly Basic set using the Sahara ink as well.
I added a small piece of doily to the bottom corner and sponged a bit of Sahara ink onto the doily.



I added the flower image with some dimensionals. I tied some twine around the bottom and added a vintage vanilla button. 
I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of Naturals card stock using Lost Lagoon ink. I hand cut the flag end, curled it a bit and glue it onto the card, tucking it under the edge of a bit of the flower leaves.
I stamped three butterflies one form the Butterfly Basics set and two from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set. I cut these out and added them to the panel, I tucked one down by the button.
I added some basic pearls to the butterfly centers.

 I then matted this piece with some more of the Naturals ivory cardstock and glued it all to the base.



Thanks for stopping by today!

Vicki

7 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, this is gorgeous! I just love the colors and your fussy cutting! Yes, it's definitely a lot of work, but it sure was worth it, my friend! It really makes your card extra special. And I love the background with the fern stamped on it with your butterflies and the button, twine, and doily! Hugs!

GAZ said...

This card is so beautiful and your coloring is awesome. Thanks for sharing how you created this. GlendaJ

Marisa said...

Gorgeous!!

Georgiana said...

I am glad you shared because it is so pretty.

Unknown said...

Love this card! Love the colors that you used! Thank you for your creativity, you are so talented!

Conniecrafter said...

The background looks fantastic and such pretty flowers, like the touch of the doily and button with them!

Unknown said...

Hi Vicky i absolutely loved your butterfly basics card its gorgeous i hope you dont mind, i have showcased it on one of my youtube videos.. It can be seen here.. xx https://youtu.be/EjKO5zwub_w please let me know what you think.
kind regards
Channelle