Cards For Sale

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

You're in my Thoughts


Happy Hump Day Peeps!!!

Today was a bit of a rainy, dreary day in Southwest MO and I was off work. To top it off I had just gotten a few things from the new Stampin Up catalog that demos are able to pre-order and I was anxious to color this beauty!!

This stamp is from the Hostess set called Best Thoughts. I had several ideas about what colors I could use for this flower and one of them was not what I eventually went with. Not really sure why but I pulled out my Crushed Curry ink pad? But and after stamping with black stazon onto some water color paper I begun to color with my aqua painter. After coloring it all in with the Crushed Curry I pulled out my Tangerine ink pad to add some more colors. 


The leaves  and the stem are colored with some Pear Pizzazz ink.
The photos really do not do this flower justice, it is soooo much prettier IRL!
I am sure you all will be seeing this flower again and again in different colors. I really am seriously IN LOVE with it!!

I used some Naturals white card stock for my base and 
then I matted the flower image with Crushed Curry card stock.
I used a strip of DSP from the Cherry on Top pack.
The sentiment is from the same Best Thoughts stamp set and I used 
Memento Black ink to stamp it.
I added a few little rhinestones and called it done!
Hope you like it.
Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy Stampin!!!

Vicki


3 comments:

Laurie said...

Just getting to your blog after a hectic work week. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love it! The colors are beautiful, Vicki.

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card!! Love your coloring, girl! :)

stampwithsandy said...

Gorgeous, Vicki. Such beautiful coloring.