Cards For Sale

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches......Birthday Wishes


Happy Thursday Peeps!!

Today I am sharing another card I made yesterday while playing with my new catalog goodies!

This one uses the sketch challenge this week on the Freshly Made Sketches blog.



I was excited to see this new stamp set available to us in the Sneak Peek, 
it is called Build a Birthday and I had been wanting a set with candles! 
You can use the candles turned sideways to build a cake or stack of presents.
 So many possibilities with this set.

I, of course, had to make some candles first up. I stamped my candles ontos some scrap whisper white using Bermuda Bay and two of the new incolors, Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush.
I fussy cut them out and set them aside to build the rest of my card.
I  made tag using the scallop tag topper punch and stamped the sentiment using Black Memento ink.
The sentiment comes in one line in the set but since this is a clear photopolymer set it is easy to stamp them they way I did on here.


I stamped the flames using some Daffodil Delight ink and fussy cut them out and added to the candles. I used just a bit of Pumpkin Pie ink and my aqua painter to color the center of the flames.
The candles are added to the tag with some dimensionals. 
The base of the the card is Pool Party and the DSP is from the new Cherry on Top paper stack.

I added a few stars at the top of the base, they are from a stamp in the Be The Star stamp set.
I added the tag to the card base with some dimensionals as well.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!!

Happy Stampin!

Vicki


3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love seeing the new stuff! This is a great birthday card! Bright and happy like a birthday should be!

Jen Brum said...

Such a fun card Vicki! Love those candles and the fabulous stars! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lesley said...

Such a fun take on the sketch my friend!