Cards For Sale

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

FMS......Hooray! Happy Day!


Happy Wednesday Peeps!!

I had some time this afternoon to play a bit, so I took a peek at the sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches.

I took a quick look around at my stamps and pulled out this fun set called Cheerful Critters, I had just got it a week or so ago and thought it would be cute for the circle element in the sketch.

You all know that I enjoy watercoloring and this cute little critter is perfect for it.
I stamped the image onto some Naturals card stock with Black Stazon ink and colored lightly with my aqua painter and ink pads.
I used some Crumb Cake ink for the critter and then used some Garden Green and Island Indigo for the stripes on the shirt. I used some Crisp Cantaloupe for the inside of the ears and a bit for some blush on the cheeks. I used just a bit of Crushed Curry over the muzzle. The sentiments come form this same set and I added the two,  so easy to line up with the clear set. The sentiments in this set are so fun. I cut out the little critter with a circle die and set it aside to make my base.


The base of the card is Island Indigo and then a layer of the Naturals card stock.
I then used another layer of Island Indigo and the Stars decorative mask (stencil) and some modeling paste. I spread the paste through the stars on the stencil and then sprinkled on some diamond dust to add some fun sparkle. The pic really doesn't capture the sparkle at all but it so pretty.
The bottom half of the star piece is some DSP from the All Abloom paper stack.
I added a strip of Garden Green card stock to divide the top and bottom half.
The circle is added to the base with some dimensionals.
The little flag banners are from the Celebrate Today stamp set and are stamped using Garden Green ink. I used the matching framelits to cut them out. They are also added with some dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Happy Stamping!!

Vicki

  




3 comments:

Karren said...

This little guy always makes me smile! Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Kim S said...

He is SO cute! I love how you have backed him with dimensional stars, banners and diagonal stripes! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Kristie W. said...

This is really cute! Nice job watercoloring the image. Love the banners too!