Cards For Sale

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Water Colored Happy Easter


Happy Wednesday Peeps!!

Yesterday I was not feeling the best and I went into my bedroom to lay down for a bit but I was restless and it did not last long. I was up and at my craft desk fairly quickly and decided I would color.

I was inspired by Rita Wright and the pics she has been posting on Instagram to pull out this set. It is the Stampin Up Indescribable Gift set. I love this flower and decided I would try and watercolor with my distress inks.
I stamped the image with Black Stazon onto some water color paper and begin to color.
I squished some Picked Raspberry ink onto an acrylic block and used my water brush to color.
I used Mowed Lawn for the leaves and for the branch I used some Vintage Photo.


I used my heat gun to dry the flower before starting the background.
I used Salty Ocean and Picked Raspberry for the Background.
I stamped the sentiment with Black Memento ink and added a few sequins to finish it up.
I trimmed the piece down a bit and added it to my white card base.

I am linking this card to a couple of challenges one is the CASology Spring Challenge


and

The Paper Players Tic Tac Toe


I used the bottom line, Flowers, any shade of Pink and Polka Dots, that is if you can count my dots around my flower as polka dots. :)









Thanks for stopping by today!

Vicki




13 comments:

vickie said...

I absolutely love every card you make. How do you decide which inks, colors & papers to use since you seem to incorporate different companies?

nlwilson46 said...

Just beautiful! You are such an inspiration to get out those inks! Thanks.

CherylQuilts said...

Vicki, this is gorgeous! I love the colors and how it turned out, and what a beautiful background you've achieved! Stunning! I am going to have to try this myself! Thanks for the inspiration, sweet friend! Hugs!

Claire Broadwater said...

Vicki, this is just gorgeous! I love the watercoloring and the color combo! Such a beautiful creation! Thank you for joining my BINGO challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

stampwithsandy said...

I agree, this is gorgeous Vicki! I love all the watercoloring you've been doing lately. I am starting to aquire some distress ink too and your work inspires me. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Players!

Nora Noll said...

This is beautiful!! I love the bright pink flowers and that blue background. Such a lovely card!!

DoofyJEss2 said...

Wow....the flowers are GORGEOUS on this beautiful watercolor background!! Hope you're feeling better!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful watercolouring Vicki! Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Joyce said...

Such a beautiful card--I really love your water coloring. Glad you are feeling better. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week.

Audrey said...

Oh my goodness, this card is so perfect! Gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sparkle and Shine Challenge! :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Vicki!! Just WOW!! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty. Love the vibrant colors.

Angel Johns said...

Vicki your card is simply gorgeous!! All of the water color is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Sparkle & Shine challenge!