Cards For Sale

Thursday, March 19, 2015

FMS.......Hello


Happy Thursday Peeps!!

Today I am sharing a card i made using the sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches blog.


As you all know I have been playing around a lot with water coloring with distress inks. I love playing with the different colors and seeing what backgrounds I can make for my cards.

I used a few colors on my water color paper. I then used the Stampin Up Peaceful Petals stamp setfor my flower. I stamped with Versamark onto water color paper and embossed with white embossing powder. I did the same with the leaf stamp. I then water colored and cut them out.


The flower and leaves are mounted onto a die cut doily from My Favorite Things. The "hello" is cut three times from black card stock and glued and stacked up and then added to the card.
I added a bit of black enamel over the die cuts to give it the shine.

The base of the card is white and then a layer of black and then the water colored BG. the flower and doily element is added to the base with dimensionals.
Thanks for stopping by today!

Vicki


5 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

This is gorgeous, Vicki! I'd love to hear more about how you did the background.

Bonnie said...

So pretty, Vicki! Love these colors and that soft background with the gorgeous flower!

Karren said...

This is so beautiful! I love the background you've created - it's so rich-looking. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful, love your bokah background. I did one too for tuesdays card. Fabulous.

Kim S said...

Beautiful background for that flower. I love how you set the flower off with the doily. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.