Cards For Sale

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sweet Sunday.....Toxic Treats

Happy Sunday peeps!!

 Time for a new Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge

Love this sweet sketch Karen has for us this week:


I did change it up just a bit.
I haven't made a lot of Halloween cards this year even tho I do love to make them. My life has changed a bit since hubby's illness and me going back to work and finding time to make all the things I want has been hard. I am trying to make myself do a bit more, sometimes I just don't have the energy!! LOL!!

So anyway I decided to pull out the Stampin Up Toxic Treat stamp set for this card. 

The DSP is from the Howlstooth and Scaringbone pack.


The base of the card is basic black and I followed that with some tangerine tango and then the DSP.
I turned the bottom element of the sketch. I added some ribbon and put my "tails" out the bottom instead of the side.

Be sure and check out what the rest of the team has made with this sweet sketch:

 Dana White-Dana's House of Cards-taking the week off

and this week's Sweet guest stamper


Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!

Vicki



12 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

OK that image panel rocks! Love how it's popped up on the embossed background....fantastic!
You know I haven't made ONE Halloween card this year!

Jackie Pedro said...

Love it, Vicki! The image panel looks great with the variegated color!

Lynn Put said...

Fabulous Halloween card Vicki! Love all the layers, embossing and cool colors on your image!

Tracy said...

Love all of these fabulous textured layers, Vicki! I especially love your gorgeous ribbon. I need to *definitely* pick up a SU! catalog. It's been way too long and you keep teasing me with your amazing cards. :)

Karen Giron said...

How fun, Vicki! I love the bow with the banners hanging down, what a fun twist on the sketch.

Lori said...

Great Halloween card! Love the look of the different colors on the image panel.

Stef Perry said...

Great card, Vicki! Love how you colored the main image and how it pops on top of the embossed spider web.

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Love all the different textures you've used on this amazing card Vicki!!

xx SJ

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

love this! so great.

Karen Motz said...

This is gorgeous! Love that embossed spider web and the colours on the image!

Dana White said...

oh I need that embossing folder - its fabulous and I love this card!!

Shannon White said...

Oh This is So fun and Spooktacular Vicki!! LOVE your Fab witchy label and the Terrific embossed spiderweb! Super mix of dsp too! Just Love the whole ensemble!
8-)

Hugs
Shannon