Cards For Sale

Sunday, August 26, 2012

SSSC166.....Happy Halloween


Happy Sunday peeps!!
 Time for a new Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge

Love this sweet sketch Karen has for us this week:


I knew right away that I wanted to make a Halloween card. You all know that I Love Halloween and the Stampin Up set "Greeting Card Kids" probably just about my favorite stamp set of all time!
I pulled out the new "Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP and used the colors from the paper for my card.
The base of the card is basic gray card stock and then a layer of basic black and then the DSP.
The next layers are basic gray and more DSP.
I used some tangerine tango card stock that I embossed with the spider web EF.


I made the banner using more of the DSP and the Pennant Punch. I added three small black pennants between the DSP and then added some gold and black glitter brads to the centers.
The little witch is stamped with black stazon onto some very vanilla card stock and colored using my water brush and ink pads.
The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set. 

Be sure and check out what the rest of the team has made with this sweet sketch:

Sarah-Jane Kale-Janeybell-taking this week off
and this week's Sweet guest stamper



Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!

Vicki



14 comments:

Dana White said...

Vicki what a sweet Halloween image. The buttons on the banner are a perfect finish

stampwithsandy said...

Oh my gosh, Vicki, this is gorgeous! The image is adorable, and you colored it perfectly. And the banner with the sparkly brads is the perfect finishing touch.

Lynn Put said...

Vicki this is an adorable Halloween card! Your uses of pattern and texture with this cute image and double banner looks incredible and I love the glittery brads and spider web embossing!

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this is awesome girl! Love those images from the set too! Your banner rocks! Love the double layers and the bling! Fantastic!

Lori said...

What a fabulous Halloween card! Love all the texture and the glitter brads on the banner.

Karen Giron said...

I love that all the Halloween sets are coming out now and your card is just the sweetest! Love the image and your super coloring. The banner is SO perfect with the glittery brads. How fun!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so adorable, I love the cute image and the dp is fabulous

Jackie Pedro said...

This is awesome! LOVE that patterned paper and the spider web embossing behind the image!

Karen Motz said...

The papers are spooky, the image is sweet, which makes for a delightful combination! This is adorable Vicki!!

Becca-expressions said...

I love the spider web embossing behind your sweet little witch. And I hadn't thought to do a double row of banners. What a great extra touch. Thanks for including me in the list of designers this week. Such and honor!!

Marisa said...

Wonderful papers and the embossed web is perfect! Great take on the sketch.

Tracy said...

How fabulous is this!!!!!! Love everything Halloween. I *have* to have these papers. They are so yummy. You rocked this sketch girl.

Michelle Woerner said...

Love this! Great job with this sketch!

Anonymous said...

This is SO SO SO ADORABLE!!!!