Cards For Sale

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July


Happy Wednesday Peeps!!

Funny how things creep on you.
 It seems it is already the 4th of July. 
Most of you that follow my blog and have followed it for sometime know that I love the 4th celebrations and that I generally make several Americana type cards to post here. I think this may be only the second one of this type I have made this year.
July has just gotten here way to fast and frankly the 4th almost passed by with out any acknowledgement here, so yesterday, in between the errands and the pre-holiday cooking I found a few minutes to make this card.
I did have the idea for this rolling around in my head for a few days, so it came together fairly quickly.
The base is Crumb Cake card stock and then I used Riding Hood Red, Confetti Cream and Night of Navy for the stripes. I embossed these with the square lattice EF.


I used my scallop and circle nesties for the center element. I then punched three stars with night of navy card stock and stacked them together using some dimensionals between each. I added a small cream star to the middle and then added a silver pearl to the middle.
I added two more small stars.
The sentiment is from the retired single stamp "God Bless America".

I thought I would take this time to show a few more of my non paper Americana projects that I have made this year:

Firecrackers made from old posts


I made a few sets of these, one for myself and the other for a couple of friends.

Flag Display Box, made from old fencing wood.


Star Display Box, 
made with same old fencing, the stars are some old cast iron pieces I got at a local flea market:


I made several sizes of these. 

My primitive American table display:


The rag rug is a treasured item that my Mom made many years ago. 

And finally my teddies:

Years back, probably more than 15, I purchased an old quilt at an auction, it was tattered and had several torn places in it and I got it for practically nothing. 
I had always thought I would use it to make some kinda of crafty items, well I finally did!
Love how these came out!

Hope you enjoyed these.

Thanks for stopping by today! 
Vicki






11 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Happy 4th of July to you Vicki! I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

Your card turned out beautifully!

LOVE LOVE LOVE all your creations here....amazing projects! Wow!

Debbie McPherson said...

Love your card! I may have to copy it next year if I can remember it!!

Marisa said...

Great card, Vicki! Love the embossed panels and the colours with the kraft. Your fire crackers are simply adorable too :)

Anonymous said...

You are so very talented! Michelle Mallett

Terry said...

I love all of your stuff! It's so cute. Happy Fourth of July to you! I love the texture on your card.

KER said...

the card is fantastic...and the home decor so perfect

Patricia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patricia said...

Love the card. I,also, only got one card done before the 4th had blown by me. I just love the firecrackers! And the bears are the best use of the quilt! What a lovely accent for your home!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful red, white and blue card, Vicki! I love the embossing, layout and stars! The 4th really snuck up on me. I didn't get any patriotic cards made much less the other beautiful Americana goodies that you've made!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

great creative projects!!!!
you've been busy!!!!
Tfs:)
c

Judi said...

you have the perfect sense of style and proportion. Great job you did. LOVE those little teddy bears:)