Cards For Sale

Friday, June 15, 2012

Stamping 411.....Happy Birthday


Happy Friday Peeps!!!

It's time for another new sketch challenge on the Stamping 411 Blog.

Here is the fun sketch for this week:

I had a bit of a time with this sketch at first, I tend to over think things but once I stepped back and thought about it a bit I decided to pull out  this cute little Stampin Up set called "Betsy's Blossoms". 
I stamped the bird with rich razzleberry ink twice and then cut it out and cut out the wing on the second one and added it to the bird with a dimensional.
The sentiment on here is from the "Curly Cute" stamp set.


The DSP on here is from the "Floral District" pack. The base of the card is rich razzleberry and then a layer of white and then the DSP. I added a banner under the bird with Daffodil Delight and the ribbon is Daffodil Delight seam binding. I finished it up with a few little flowers made with the Itty Bitty punch pack with rhinestone centers.

Be sure and head over the the Stamping 411 Blog to see what the other Designers have made using this sketch. 
I hope you will play along with us and if you do please link it up over on the 411 blog so we can all see.
Thanks so much for stopping by today and 
HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki



4 comments:

Marisa said...

Great take on the sketch and the way that bird is appearing all over the place, I think it is a popular new set :)

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous Vicki! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that dsp and can't stop using it! LOL! Your card is awesome! Love all the dimension you gave to the bird and that pretty daffodil seam binding is wonderful!
Hope I can play along today....would love to make something with my new snowman set ;)

Tammy said...

Love this!! I love how you have just two splashes of daffodil! Beautiful--as always!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is gorgeous Vicki...I think you will probably teach me how to mix colors a bit. Thanks for the inspiration.