Cards For Sale

Sunday, June 17, 2012

SSSC161.......To my friend


Happy Sunday Peeps!!

It is time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.
This is a special sketch challenge, this week is your chance to join the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team.

Karen is putting out a "Casting Call" to join the team.
 Here is all the deets:


Now onto this weeks sketch:


I am again using my new Stampin Up stamp called "Pleasant Poppies". I loved this set as soon as I laid my eyes on it and since getting it, I have not put it away.
Of course, we all think of red when we think of poppies and I did make a red card with red poppies on it, I will posting that one later this week, but I wasn't sure what other colors  poppies come in, I have seen orange and yellow but I was surprised when I did an internet search and saw so many colors, purple and blue was two I don't think I had seen. When I saw the pretty purple ones they reminded me of one of my favorite Stampin Up colors, rich razzleberry. 
The Poppy stamp is a large background type stamp but it is easy to mask off portions of the stamp and use just part of the stamp. The last two cards I used one side of the stamp so for this one I used the other part, a bit smaller but it worked well for this sketch.


The DSP I used is from the Stampin Up "Summer Smooches" and "Floral District" paper packs.
The sentiment comes from the "Friendly Phrases" stamp set. I added some basic pearls and some little butterflies made with the Beautiful Wings Embosslit die.


I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.

OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team, and Guest Designer has in store for us this week:







and this week's Sweet Guest Designer: Dawn Easton.


 Thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

11 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Your coloring is incredible. Love this stamp.

Lynn Put said...

This is lovely Vicki! Your softly painted poppies, pretty papers and sweet butterflies look beautiful!

stampwithsandy said...

I love everything you've done with this stamp, Vicki. You're very inspiring!

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this is beautiful! I had to get that stamp too but haven't inked it yet. Will do that today, I hope! LOVE the idea of using only part of it since it's so large. Fabulous colouring too!

Karen Motz said...

This is stunning Vicki!!! I love your shading and the papers are so vibrant!!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

super FAB card!!!!
great details, Vicki!!!!
tfs:)

Karen Giron said...

I always enjoy seeing your elegant cards, Vicki! Love these papers and the darling butterflies - just gorgeous!!

Terri Orr said...

Your watercoloring is superb and I love how you've combined the colors and papers. Beautiful!

Dana White said...

This image is stunning and your watercolouring is perfect!

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness Vicki! This is just Gorgeous! Love your Wonderful watercoloring on those Pretty Poppies! Wow!

Hugs
Shannon

Casandra Bennett said...

Such an elegant card. Eat your heart out, Hallmark! ;)