Cards For Sale

Monday, June 4, 2012

Merry Monday


Happy Monday Peeps, or should I say "Merry Monday".
A few weeks back I got an e-mail from Lesley from Always Playing with Paper, asking if I would like to be the Featured Designer for the month of June on her "Merry Monday Challenges". I was thrilled to join along with her and her fabulous designers!

The idea behind the Merry Monday Challenges are to get a head start on your Christmas cards, so why not pull out you Christmas card making supplies, turn the AC down really low and put on some Christmas songs and join us?

Here is the sketch for this week:


I pulled out my favorite Christmas set from last year, Stampin' Up's  "Beautiful Season"
I love that chickadee on the holly branch, so pretty, I LOVE to watercolor this image!
I used some confetti cream card stock for my main image panel and colored using my aqua painter and ink pads.


I added some very vanilla seam binding ribbon and an antique brad on the bow. The sentiment is from the "Teeny Tiny Wishes" stamp set.
Be sure and head on over to Lesley's blog to see what the others made using this sketch. 
Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!

Vicki


13 comments:

Welcome to my Stamping Blog! said...

Beautiful card Vicki - love your layout and how you added the pearls! Great watercoloring and shading!

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this is gorgeous!!!! Looks like a wonderful sketch! I need to get busy making holiday cards too....thanks for the inspiration!

Lesley said...

A stunning card Vicki, I love this image too and the beautiful bow you made is lovely in vanilla! So happy to have you on board for the month!
Lesley

Marisa said...

Congrats on the Guest DT gig :) Fabulous use of the sketch!!

Bonnie said...

Welcome to Merry Monday as our Featured Designer, Vicki. You started your month off with a real beauty!

Patti said...

Beautiful card and great job water coloring. It looks like a really classic Christmas card. Congrats on being a guest designer.

Anonymous said...

That is so very pretty.......beautiful card!!!!

LeAnne said...

So glad you're joining us! I love this little chickadee too, and you always do it so well!

Danielle Vincent said...

Vicki, I'm delighted to see that you are the featured designer for June at Merry Monday. I pop into you blog quite often and am always so impressed with everything you create. YOu have a wonderful style!

Wendy said...

No one does watercoloring like you, gf!! First off I have to say.... "Welcome aboard to the Merry Monday Challenges"! This will be so fun to work with you! Your Christmas card is so pretty! I love everything about it especially your bow! :)

Natalie said...

So beautiful! I love how the striped paper adds so much to this gorgeous card! (Man, how I wish I could turn the AC down right now...) ;)

Karen Aicken said...

Wow - you really did an amazing job with this image. BEAUTIFUL card!!!!
Cheers, Karen

Narelle Farrugia said...

Such a beautiful card Vicki! Love the image and the how you've finished off your sentiment.