Cards For Sale

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Regal Poppies


Happy Wednesday peeps!!

Today I am sharing a card I made using the color challenge this week on the Dynamic Duos Blog.
The colors this week are Regal Rose and Basic Gray. 



I haven't used regal rose in such a long time.
I got some new stamps this week and I am in love with this one. 
It is called "Pleasant Poppies" it is a large Back Ground stamp.
I used just a portion of it for this card. I masked off part of it with some post it notes and just inked up the portion I wanted. 
I used black stazon to stamp onto some white card stock.
I then colored the image with my aqua painter and ink pads, using regal rose and a little bit of daffodil delight and pear pizzazz.



The base of the card is basic gray and then I used another piece of gray and embossed it with the square lattice EF. The ribbon on here is some retired regal rose grosgrain.
I added some scallops down the side made with the perfect trimmings die. 
How about that cute sentiment tag? I made that with the new Bitty Banners Framelit die. The sentiment itself 
comes from the Easy Events stamp set.

I am also adding this to the SUO Challenges to make something frilly.
I thing the bow and scallops with pearls are a bit frilly

Well, that is all from me today and 
HAPPY STAMPING!!

Vicki

19 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

This is gorgeous and coloured so beautifully. Hope that stamp comes our way :) Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

Cindy said...

LOVE this, Vicki - your coloring is fabulous! Can't wait to get that stamp (which Mr. Brown delivers next week). Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges!

Lesley said...

Amazing work Vicki...I had this on my list and then took it off my order! Ack! What was I thinking! LOL! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!! LOVE those poppies (I think you're enabling me...again!). Great colors, too!

Dawn Easton said...

This turned out beautifully, Vicki! I have that stamp too and can't wait to use it!!! Love what you've done here!

Karen M said...

Wow, Vicki! This is absolutely beautiful, so sweet and gentle. Gorgeous image and fab colouring! Kx

Anni said...

Beautiful card! i love the coloring on the poppies!
Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!
Anni

Allisa said...

Another gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

Lisa Elton said...

This is stunning Vicki! Love the texture, the pearls...well everything! Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Susan Joyce said...

Your card is divine Vicki! Love all of the design elements you used. Thanks' for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos this week.

Carol Parcell said...

All I can say is "WOW!" I love this!

stampwithsandy said...

This is so beautiful, Vicki. I love this stamp! I'll have to try your technique though mine will never be as gorgeous as yours!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Vicki, shame on you! Lol! I didn't think I wanted this set but here you go showing it off beautifully now it is a "must have". You are such an enabler and you always create such gorgeous projects. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :) Big hugs!

Jen Timko said...

Vicki this is stunning! I love the Rose on this!! So glad I just got this one. Glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!

Heidi Baks said...

It is a beautiful stamp, Vicki! Thanks for joining SUO Challenges.

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely coloring, pretty scalloped border with the pearls!

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

Oooh, I love your coloring of this stamp - of the whole card! I have the stamp and now can hardly wait to use it!

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

Ooooh, I love the way you colored the stamp - and the whole card! I have this stamp and now I think I'll definitely have to try it out sooner than later!

RitaR said...

You're certainly selling me on the Perfect Poppies stamp .... I can't decide which of your lovely poppy cards I like the best! Please keep the inspiration coming!!