Cards For Sale

Saturday, April 28, 2012

OCC.....For Mom


Happy Saturday Peeps!!
It is time for another new challenge at Our Creative Corner.
Our hostess this week is the uber talented Anne Marie Hile and she has a fun challenge for us:

 "A Recipe for Mom" Mother's Day Challenge
Create a project for Mother's Day using the following "recipe": 
*Embossing (wet or dry)
*Ribbon
*Buttons or Brads
*Watercoloring

My Mom is no longer living and I find making Mother's Day cards a little hard. She has been gone almost 12 years and I still miss her dearly! So, Mom this one is for you!
I tried to make it cheery, I know my Mom would have loved it!
The base of the card is confetti white card stock. I used the same confetti for the main image. I stamped the flowers from the Stampin Up "Simply Soft" stamp set with black stazon and water colored with my aqua painter using some Pool Party ink. I used the so pretty Labels framelits to cut out the main panel.



I cut a doily out with some pool party card stock and the DSP is from the Attic Boutique paper pack.
I used some more pool Party card stock across the bottom that I embossed with the square lattice EF.
I added some white brads at the top and some pearls to the flowers and the butterfly.
I finished it off with some white satin ribbon.
The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.


Be sure to check the Our Creative Corner Blog 
to see what the rest of the design team came up with for this fun challenge. 
I hope you can find some time to play along and if you do, don't forget to link it up over on the Our Creative Corner Blog so we can all see it!

Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

7 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

What a beautiful, beautiful card, Vicki. So soft and delicate.

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this is gorgeous! I am sure your Mom would think so too! Bless your heart for creating something for her!!

Lynda said...

Such a stunning card Vicki. I lost my mum nr 19 years ago...when she was 46. I still struggle with Mother's Days too. This card is such a breath of fresh air....I think it's the colour. Love the whole format of the card. I have not made a Mother's day card for nearly 2 decades....I may have to this year......

Anne Marie Hile said...

Vicki, this is such a beautiful card and I know your Mom would think so, too. I love the soft colors and all of the details that make your projects uniquely yours. You know I am one of your biggest fans and your have insired me yet again! I just wish we lived closer so that your awesome mojo would rub off on me. Sending you a big hug!! :)

Wendy said...

Such a beautiful card, Vicki! Love the softness to this and the pretty color! I agree with the others, your Mom would have loved this one! I feel your pain on making Mother's Day cards for I have always struggled with making them too. This year will be a new start and one that is long overdue!
Love & miss you, gf!

Jeannie said...

Wow Vicki! Love this a lot!!!

Wendy J. said...

Beautiful card, Vicki, as always! Very sad about your mom. How hard that must be at times. Moms are special! Love the colors and will miss this stamp set as I've had such fun with it this year. Love the background lace detail too!