Cards For Sale

Saturday, February 11, 2012

OCC...Best Friend Challenge



Happy Saturday Peeps!!! 
It is time for another Our Creative Corner Challenge. 
This week our hostess with the mostest is the fabulous Sharon Wheet and she has another fun challenge for us:
Make a paper craft item (card, scrapbook page layout, a 3-D item, an altered item) for a Best Friend! It can be for a birthday, a thank you, or to just let her know she is your best friend!  The only other requirement, is to include a flower!  The flower can be hand-made, an embellishment, or a stamp.
I have a slight obsession with this flower stamp from the Stampin Up Bordering on Romance stamp set.
I stamped it onto some confetti card stock twice and colored with my aqua painter and ink pads. I used Peach Parfait, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade and Pool Party. I used some Crumb Cake ink around the edges.
The DSP used here is the Everyday Enchantment paper that is available during SAB. I added some basic pearls to the image, for the flower centers and around the spray.




The sentiment on here is from the Friendly Words wheel, I had unmounted this wheel a long time ago and had not done anything else with it. I decided it was time so I got it out to use on this card. I cut out the section I wanted to use and mounted it to some cling mount foam. Easy Peasy, don't know why I waited!!!  
I added a small pool party butterfly to the main image piece which is cut and matted with my circle and scallop circle nesties. I used the confetti card stock for my base and some peach parfait for the mats. I finished this off with a couple of pearls in the top corners and a strip of peach parfait ribbon across the DSP.

Be sure to check the Our Creative Corner Blog 
to see what the rest of the design team came up with for this fun challenge.
I hope you can find some time to play along and if you do, don't forget to link it up over on the Our Creative Corner Blog so we can all see it!

Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

14 comments:

Wendy said...

BEAUTIFUL card, Vicki! Wowzers, I just LOVE it! :)
Happy Saturday to ya, my friend!! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this is beautiful! Love the addition of all those pearls!

Erna Logtenberg said...

Oh this is Gorgeous Vicky!!! Love it!!

stampwithsandy said...

Oh, Vicky, this is just gorgeous! Your coloring skills are superb!

Sharon Wheet said...

Vicki, what a stunning card! and I love the idea of unmounting the wheel stamp and cutting apart the different pieces! Clever girl! Your coloring is awesome! and I love the colors you used. Oh, and that little butterfly really makes the card feel 'warm'. Great card!

Marisa said...

You have definitely mastered this set! Another beauty using these flowers.

Pat said...

I love everything about this card! The image is absolutely beautiful and the color combo is so soft and pretty.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Gorgeous card Vicki, my goodness your colour work is incredible.
Smiles:)

Karen Motz said...

This is beautiful Vicki, with the popped up flowers and the pearl accents!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Vicki, what can I say? I really want to buy this stamp set but am afraid I could never do as well with it as you have, my friend! This is gorgeous with a capital "G" and a few exclamation points!!! The colors you used are stunning and the pearls are the perfect touch. That bitty butterfly is such a sweet accent. Hope your day was great! Hugs! :)

Meihsia Liu said...

Vicki, I love how you coloring this image so much. The small butterfly and perals are such gorgeous addition on this card.

Gem Artmiste said...

thanks so much for sharing ur idea about unmounting wheel stamps...geez, that's brilliant!

Christine Blain said...

What a gorgeous card, Vicki! Your colouring is amazing. Love everything about this!

Judy said...

Quite striking