Cards For Sale

Sunday, December 18, 2011

SSSC148...Merry Christmas Penguins



Good Morning Peeps!!!
It is Sunday which means it's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.

Here is the SWEET sketch Karen has for us this week:


I am again using the fun set from Stampin Up called Polar Party, this time I did use the penguins, they are after all why I bought this set to begin with.......they are toooo stinkin' cute, don'tcha think?
I also used my favorite Christmas paper this year the "Letters to Santa"
The base of the card is Riding Hood Red card stock. and the DSP is matted with Crumb Cake card stock.
The card is a 5 x 5 inch square.The main image piece is cut with my circle and scallop circle nesties. I embossed the white with a snowflake EF.
I used a bit of silver glimmer to create some snowy slopes and then I added the penguins to the circle piece with some dimesionals.
The trees are added directly to the white piece with some mono glue. I did piece the tree trunks together to make them tall enough, the pieces are hooked together behind the penguins arms.


The Kraft piece across the bottom is embossed with the square lattice EF. the snow flake is cut from the Northern Frost die strip and is mounted with a dimesional and I added a rhinestone to the middle. The sentiment is from the Stampin Up "Four the Holidays" stamp set. I added three rhinestones to the upper left corner and called it done.
The sweet Sunday Stampers are taking next week off for the Holiday but will be back in the new Year with more sweet sketches, we are going to be on a every two week schedule instead of weekly.

I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.

OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:







Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

7 comments:

Fiona Harrison said...

That is a gorgeous card, great take on the sketch

Wendy said...

What an adorable penguin card, Vicki! Love that stamp set and beautiful papers! Another sketch you certainly ROCKED! LOVE IT!
Happy Sunday, my friend!

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this is so sweet! Those penguins are CUTE! Great little scene you created!!! Hope I can find time to play along today!

Karen Motz said...

Ooh these little penguins are SO cute!! Love this!

Marisa said...

Darling scene, Vicki :) Loving the penguins. Wonderful take on the sketch too.

Dana White said...

Vicki these penguins are super cute - love this card

Allison said...

This is too cute! I'm sad to say I ordered this set and still haven't even inked it up!