Cards For Sale

Sunday, December 11, 2011

SSSC147.....Christmas Cheer



Good Morning Peeps!!!
It is Sunday which means it's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.

Here is the SWEET sketch Karen has for us this week:


I have been anxious to play with this new set I got awhile back. It is the Stampin' Up Polar Party. I got it because it has a couple of adorable penguins in it, funny I didn't use them on this card! LOL!!
I do love the polar bear and cute little trees too and that is what I pulled out. I stamped the trees first and colored them in with old olive and real red using my aqua painter. The star is daffodil delight and the tree trunk is soft suede. I stamped the polar bear on a separate piece of white and colored it with some more old olive, real red and the mittens are marina mist. I then cut him out and added him in front of the trees with some dimesionals. I then cut some white paper and added in some "snow hills" and they got a nice healthy dose of dazzling details. I added some crystal effects to the ornaments on the trees and some more dazzling details to the stars and the bears hat band and pom pom. I think it turned out very cute!


The base of the card is Crumb Cake card stock and the DSP I used is from the Stampin Up "Letters to Santa" paper pack. I matted the first layer with Marian Mist card stock and then the next two layers are matted with Crumb Cake card stock. I embossed some Marina Mist card stock with a snow flake EF. I added some pretty Marina Mist satin ribbon and few rhinestones. The sentiment is from the same set, I just used a portion of it and made a curled panel.

I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.

OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:







Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Super adorable, Vicki!! Love it, muchly! <3
Happy Sunday!

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this is so stinking cute! Love that scene!!! Adorable card!

Karen Giron said...

What a darling card! I love the snow and the whole scene - just fantastic!

Lynn Put said...

Fabulous card Vicki! I love the adorable winter scene that you've created!

Julie Marshall said...

Vicki, this is just adorable! That blue print is one of my faves in that pack. Love the colors you paired it up with.

Dana White said...

Vicki all the layers are this card are perfect. The bear just pops off the card

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Oh so lovely Vicki! Adorable scene...love the layers and beautiful colours and textures! I'm inspired now!

Patti Willey said...

These whimsical Christmas sets are always a nice change! Love your addition of Marina Mist embossed here. .....and your adorable signature satin bow! Hugs!

Karen Motz said...

Ack! This is so cute! Love that bear and the snowy hills!

Allison said...

This is too cute! Love the colours and papers! I had to have that set and I still haven't even used it! Maybe I'll CASE this one!