Cards For Sale

Saturday, December 31, 2011

OCC...Bright and Happy New Year Challenge




This week our hostess is the fabulous Anne Marie Hile and she has a fun color challenge for us. Here is the challenge in her own words:

It's time to ring in 2012! Create a card for a celebration using this color combo. There are so many occasions that call for a celebration ...New Year's, birthdays, congratulations. Have some fun with these bright and happy colors!


These are some really fun colors to work with and a bit intimidating, I first went looking around through my DSP to see what I could match up with these colors. I found something close in the Stampin Up Cheerful Treat paper pack.  So I went with them, I used Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight and I used two colors of purple, Concord Crush and the retired stampin up pale plum.
I thought after choosing my colors that I could make something with flowers, these colors could all be floral. So after making those decisions I felt better about this color challenge that at first glance could be terrifying.
I pulled out a set that I haven't used in awhile, Flower Fest, I then decided to emboss my flowers onto the colors I choose going mainly with the purple and yellows, since I knew the leaves would be green and I used the Melon mostly on the base. I stamped the flowers several time with versamark onto the daffodil delight, the concord and the plum card stock and used my white embossing powder. I then cut them out and layered them up. I used my aqua painter and some ink to add some more depth to the flowers.
I cut out a circle with white cardstock and the sentiment is from a retired word set that I really like called "Something to Celebrate". I arranged the flowers around the outer edges and then tucked in alot of leaves all around.


I mounted my circle on a piece of embossed Concord Crush, I used the square lattice embossing folder. The flowers are on dimesionals, the white circle is added to the concord crush piece with dimesionals  and the embossed piece is on dimesionals too so this card has alot of depth to it. The DSP is two side of some paper from the paper pack. I added some whisper white satin ribbon and silver pearls to finish it off.

Be sure to check the Our Creative Corner Blog 
to see what the rest of the design team came up with for this fun challenge.
I hope you can find some time to play along and if you do, don't forget to link it up over on the Our Creative Corner Blog so we can all see it!

Thanks for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

13 comments:

Patti Willey said...

It's so funny to hear you talk about how your brain works around a challenge! And you always have such amazing success! This card is wonderful! Someday, I'm going to buy one from your Etsy store, just to have one of your awesome creations! Happy New Year Vicki

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, I love your floral birthday card! Your flowers turned out beautifully!

LOVE the bright colour pallette today! Hope I can find time today or tomorrow to join in!!!

Happy New Year to you and your family! Best wishes for 2012!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Ooooh lah lah, Vicki! Your flowers are fantastic. Love that big solid purple panel to ground everything. Happy New Year!

Martha Herrera said...

wow... what a stunning card!
Simply gorgeous.

Marisa said...

Always love your flower cards, Vicki, and this one is no exception. Happy New Year to you and may 2012 fulfill some of your heart's desires :)

Sandy said...

Just beautiful. . you inspire me so. Have a Happy and Safe New Year. God Bless

Tui Nathan said...

Another gorgeous creation Vicki ... I love your clean designs and your attention to detail is impeccable .... how stunning are those flowers, love em!
Wishing you all the best for a happy and creative 2012!!!

Barbee said...

Love this card. Good use of the colors given for the challenge.

Sharon Wheet said...

I always love to see what you make. You have an unique and clever view on the challenges, and todays is no exception. I also liked reading about your process. I think it helps a lot of us to 'see' how others work. And I love your card! I love the flowers, they are zoo pretty and they really help ground your card with all the bright colors.
Wishing you and your family a safe and happy new year filled with love and success. Hugs, sharon w.

Lynn Put said...

This is beautiful Vicki! I love the embossed flowers and great layout!

Pam Speidel said...

Happy New Year Vicki!
This is SO beautiful! Love your technique of using the white embossing for the flowers...brings them to life! Your creations are always just exquisite and inspire me to stamp!
Wishing you all the BEST in 2012!
Hugs & smiles,
Pam :)

Miss Val's Creations said...

The card is beautiful Vicki! I wish you a wonderful, successful new year!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Just so you know...you are the reason I love this stamp set so much! I have never seen anyone use it so beautifully, Vicki! Gorgeous shading on the flowers and that DSP is the perfect compliment with the color combo. Happy New Year! :)