Cards For Sale

Sunday, January 24, 2010

SSSC53 Kindness




Good Sunday Morning Peeps! It is my favorite time of the week, time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!!!


Here is the sketch we are working with this week:



I have to say I was inspired by Nancy's Sweet Sunday Sketch Card from last week to pull out my Cottage Wall DS pack. I used it alot when I first got it and then hadn't used it lately. So that was my starting point for this card. I chose the DS designs I wanted to use and then I also used rich razzleberry and whisper white card stock.

The stamp set I used is a new fave of mine "Herb Expressions". The sentiment comes from the "Heard from the Heart" set. I inked up just the "kindness" on the stamp, by using some post it note paper to mask off the rest of the words. I stamped the flower or herb with black stazon and used my aqua painter to lightly color in the leaves with old olive ink and the tops with rich razzleberry ink. I used my new Border Scallop trim punch, which is from the SAB catalog, for the bottom edge of the second layer. I used my blossom and circle nesties to cut out the main image panel. It is attached to the base with some foam tape. I added some old olive buttons and some piercing under the sentiment to finish the card.

Well, that is all from me, let's see what the rest of the Sketch Team has for you today.



Karen-the Sweetest Thing

Jen-JenTapler Designs

Karen-Paper Playhouse

Laura-Scrapnextras

Lynn-The Queen's Scene

Nancy-iStamp

Sarah-Jane-Janeybell

Come join in on the fun and create a card using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, then go to Karen's blog and link your card using Mr. Linky so all of us can see your creation!



Thanks so much for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

13 comments:

Pam Speidel said...

Oh Vicki, this is so pretty! You always inspire me to play along with the challenge! Smiles, Pam :)

Lynn Put said...

Wonderful card Vicki! Your making me wish I had gotten this stamp set! I really like the combination of colors and papers with the stamped image of the herb!

Nancy Riley said...

What a beautiful card, Vicki! Don't you just love Cottage Wall? I am so drawn to it! Well done, well done!

Dina said...

This is very pretty! The DP was the perfect choice!

Marisa said...

This is gorgeous. Love that DP and how you've used the buttons to off set each other. Great card :D

Kerin said...

This is simply beautiful! I love the colors and the softness of your focal image is so pretty. Thanks for sharing :)

Stacey Schafer said...

beautiful!

Kristie W. said...

This is soooo pretty! Love it!

Denise Marzec said...

LOOOOVE this, Vicki! Great colors and I love the piercing under the sentiment. I've been eyeing that blossom set of dies forEVER...I think I just need to break down and buy them!

Krista said...

This is very pretty !!

Reina said...

Very nice. Love the choice of colors you used.

Karen Giron said...

This is so beautiful - loving the border punch! The blossom Nestie looks great with the flowers on the panel too!

Lois said...

Again, you can make any paper dance and you have done it again on this card. Great choice of colors and style. I wanta grow up to be like you someday!