Cards For Sale

Sunday, October 2, 2011

SSSC137......Grateful Notepads


Good Morning Peeps!!!
It is Sunday which means it's time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.

Here is the SWEET sketch Karen has for us this week:


I decided mid-week that I wanted to make an altered notebook with this great sketch.  The sketch is for a long card,  a 6-1/2 by 3-1/4 inch, so it wasn't that much of a stretch. My altered notebooks are made using the tutorial HERE by Nancy Riley. The notepad holders are 8-1/4 x 2-3/4 so the sketch worked pretty well with it. I was totally inspired by THIS fabulous card by Karen Barber.  I used Crumb Cake cardstock for the base and followed that with some Early Espresso cardstock and the DSP is from the Stampin UP "Spice Cake" paper pack
I used more crumb cake that I embossed with the square lattice EF and my big shot. The EF is not bog enough for this layer and I had to run the cardstock through the folder twice and there was a noticeable line but the large circle element covers it so no biggie! I used some daffodil delight cardstock and the daisy die to make my sunflower. I cut two daises and ran them through the big shot with the dot embossing folder. I did the same with a 1 inch circle of early espresso for the center of the flower. I added some 1/4 inch old olive grosgrain ribbon for the stem and the bow. The sentiment is from the Stampin Up "Always Thankful" stamp set. I added some more DS paper to the inside and over the top of the half jr legal pad.


I love making these. So fast and fun and they make great little gifts!
You can decorate the pens too and I did after I took the picture! :)


I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.

OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:







Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

11 comments:

Erna Logtenberg said...

vicky this is amazing! Thanks for the tutorial!

Unknown said...

SUPER project, really lovely & practical. GREAT gifts! TFS!!

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous and fun, Vicki!!!

Lynn Put said...

What a great idea to use the sketch to create covered note pads! Sun flowers are one of my favorite flowers and I love how you've used them to decorate the covers on these pretty note pads!

DawnKathleen said...

Awesome! Thank you for your inspiration!

Marisa said...

Great sunflower! Love how you used the sketch :)

Dana White said...

How brilliant using the sketch for note pads; the perfect size!! Love these

Wendy said...

Love, love, love these!!! :)

Karen Motz said...

Look at you Miss Smartypants, using the sketch for notepads...how clever!!!!!!

My Creative Side said...

These are beautiful! Love them. the colors are great too that you chose :)

LeroyLime said...

xoxoxo!! I love this!! bookmarks are for those that still enjoy getting real mail in their mailbox and actually turning the page on their book! (instead of their snazzy readers) just AWESOME! :)