Cards For Sale

Monday, October 3, 2011

Spice Cake Pumpkins


Happy Monday Peeps!
Today I have a fun share with you, some pumpkins I made a while back and hadn't posted yet, I was going to use them for something else but decided not to at the last minute, so I can share them with you now.
These are made with the fabulous Stampin UP Spice Cake Fabric. I used Styrofoam balls, some quilt batting and the fabric. They are really simply, no sewing at all. Just divide the Styrofoam into sections, I used some rubber bands around the ball and marked it with a sharpie marker. Then take a butter knife and , score the lines. I cut sections of the batting and fabric, by laying them  onto the ball. The batting is cut the size of the sections and the fabric is larger by an inch or so all around. Use the butter knife to poke the fabric down into the Styrofoam into the score lines. Repeat for each section. Easy Peasy and a bit messy!! LOL!

 I used a dowel wrapped with our jute twine for the stem. I cut a leaf from some chocolate chip card stock and rubbed it between my fingers and my bone folder until it separated. pulled the leaf into two pieces, one for each pumpkin. The twine jute twirls were made by wrapping wet  jute around a dowel and then drying it in a 250 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. I love how these turned out, I couldn't get a good picture, one that captured how cute they are but trust me if you saw them you would squeal!! LOL!! 

I love this Spice Cake Line from Stampin UP, you seriously need this fabric and papers!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING

Vicki

8 comments:

Victoria said...

Wow Vicki. These are amazing!! Love them! Shame we haven't got this spice cake fabric in our new catalogue!
Hugs, Victoria ~x~

Tui Nathan said...

Ooh, I so love these gorgeous pumpkins ... how super clever and very creative of you!!! Love it ...

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh girl, this is brilliant! LOVE these! FUN and FABULOUS!

Marisa said...

Brilliant! These are adorable!

Wendy said...

Super adorable, gf! Dunno where you get these idea's but you certainly rocked this one!! Pure awesomeness!:)

Lorri said...

OH MY GOSH VICKIE these are ADORABLE!!

My Creative Side said...

what a great idea! just gorgeous! that fabric is so yummy, I ordered the paper, and I can't wait. I might have to get some fabric too now :)

Stephanie Heumann said...

These are soooo adorable! I think I get the general idea on how these were made. I am wondering if you know of a tutorial that shows step-by-step instructions?