Cards For Sale

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Color Challenge....Happy Birthday


Happy Tuesday Peeps.

It is the last Tuesday of August and my last card as a guest designer with the color challenges on Splitcoaststampers. This one was a tough one for me, More Mustard, Cherry Cobbler and Calypso Coral. I fretted around a bit with these colors. I made two different cards, this being one of them.

I used the Stampin Up hostess set called "Array of Sunshine". I stamped the flowers onto very vanilla card stock with Cherry Cobbler and Calypso Coral ink. My Cherry Cobbler ink pad has gone a bit funky, it isn't stamping very good and it seems to be kinda gummy of something??!!!?? But I digress!!

I cut out the flowers and layered them up and added them to my square with dimesionals. The main image panel is just cherry cobbler and some First Edition DSP layered together. I added some swirls and leaves made with More Mustard card stock.


The base of the card is Cherry Cobbler and then I used some More Mustard card stock that I embossed with the square lattice EF.
I added some cherry cobbler seam binding ribbon and some silver pearls, non SU.

The sentiment on here is a retired hostess set called "Something to Celebrate".

Well, that is all from me today, thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, Vicki! Love, love, love these colors with this stamp set! My Cherry Cobbler pad has gone wonky too! I seem to have that problem with red pads!
Have a great Tuesday, my friend!

Dawn Easton said...

Wow my friend, this is gorgeous! Love the layed flowers and the colours!!

Erna Logtenberg said...

LOVE your card!!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous use of the colours, Vicki! Great card.

Home sweet home said...

Lovely card, love the color and the flower.:)

Jodi said...

I think you came up with a gorgeous card. I can see how you'd be a bit unsure of what to do with the color combination though. I'm not sure where I'd go with that. I love the flowers though with the dsp.

Anonymous said...

My real red pad did that. (I replaced it...) I have heard of other people having a problem with reds...

Linda Callahan said...

Wow I thought these were tough colors as well but you made them gorgeous!