Cards For Sale

Sunday, April 17, 2011

SSSC113.....Thank you for your Kindness



GOOD MORNING PEEPS!!! It's Sunday which means it is time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Sample This is the fabulous sketch Karen has for us this week;



I had fun with this sketch, well maybe not fun but it was interesting. I made this card, the main image part, three different times. I had worked out the colors and paper to use fairly quickly but I couldn't get the main part right. I knew I wanted to use this pretty butterfly from the Stampin' Up set Thanks for Caring, isn't it pretty? Love it! I wanted to use this butterfly for the butterfly image in the sketch, but I couldn't get much further, frankly it is what I have been dealing with all week, a lack of mojo!!! I got stuck on using the rest of the same set for the circle panel, I tried two different things that ended up in the circular file! I finally just put it aside for a couple of days and then I decided to look through my stamps to see what struck me and I love these daisies in the Every Moment set, so I stamped a few onto some watercolor paper and colored them with my aqua painter and some pretty in pink and rose red ink. I cut them out and added them to my circle element and added the sentiment, which is from the Occasional Quotes stamp set. I finally liked the end results but it was very frustrating getting to this point!!!





I added some stickles to the butterfly and three basic pearls to the bottom. I tied a bow around the side piece with some basic gray taffeta ribbon.

I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.

OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:

Karen-the Sweetest Thing

Jen-JenTapler Designs

Karen-Paper Playhouse

Lynn-The Queen's Scene

Sarah-Jane-Janeybell

Dana-Dana's House of Cards

Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

23 comments:

Mary J said...

STUNNING! I love what you've done with the sketch, Vicki!

Amy White said...

This is such a gorgeous card Vicki - I love all your work and your mojo is most certainly not lacking IMO!! Must get me that Every Moment set - it's been on my list for ages but hasn't quite made it into my hands! TFS!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh Vicki, I am sorry you got frustrated while creating this beauty BUT it was all worth it in the end! It's gorgeous!

Karen Motz said...

Oooh Vicki!!!! This is STUNNING!!! You are a master cutter-outer!!! Those flowers are amazing!!!!

Lesley said...

Hi Vicki!
I love this beautiful card with the colours, the cut out flowers, the butterfly! Sounds like it was a labour of love! It is lovely.
Hugs!
Lesley

Marisa said...

That EF can't get here soon enough!! I'm getting impatient waiting LOL! Gorgeous card - flowers and butterflies, my fave :)

Karen Giron said...

Your patience paid off, this is just gorgeous! I love the popped up flowers and the butterfly is beautiful!

Marion said...

Vicki, It looks like you got you mojo back 10fold. This card is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Lynn Put said...

This is beautiful Vicki! Your cut out 3D flowers and butterfly are gorgeous and I love your pretty coloring!

Sue said...

Absolutely beautiful card! Love the colors you chose.

Kris McIntosh said...

It might have taken you a while but the end result is absolutely stunning. I love the flowers and your colouring is perfect.

Debbie said...

Very pretty! You've inspired me to give this one a whirl.

Wanda Cullen said...

You really ended up with a very stunning card! LOVE the cut out flowers and the embossed BG (my fave EF!) and that soft coral color!

Dana White said...

Vicki this is gorgeous! The flowers popped look amazing

Crafty Cath said...

This card is fabulous! Love how it all came together. Your cut image is stunning. You've got some patience girl but it was worth it because this is awesome!

Donna said...

Awesome! What a beautiful card, thanks for sharing.

Wendy J. said...

This is beautiful, Vicki!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Vicki!! This is GORGEOUS.. the colours are BEAUTIFUL and you ALWAYS do AMAZING things with this stamp set!!

xx SJ

GinnaG's Paper Fun said...

Beautiful Card. I especially like the color combination you used. Very delicate and feminine.

Bev said...

so very pretty!

Jodi Collins said...

Everything about this is GORGEOUS Vicki! WOW! LOVE how you cut out the flowers, the colors and the texture on this! STUNNING!!!

Stacey Schafer said...

Gorgeous, Vicki!

Anonymous said...

Well, your frustrations paid off. It is lovely. I just love your cards that you watercolor. So soft and pretty.

BTW: I found some silver pearls at HL.

Susan