Cards For Sale

Sunday, December 12, 2010

SSSC96.......A Merry Christmas and a Goodbye




GOOD SUNDAY MORNING PEEPS!!! It's my favorite time of the week, time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Sample

This is the fabulous sketch Karen has for us this week:



I loved this fun sketch, I started my card with a base of Crumb Cake card stock. I followed that up with some cherry cobbler card stock and all of the DS paper is from the Deck the Halls paper pack. I stamped the Holly from the Stampin' Up Bells and Boughs stamp set with black stazon onto very vanilla card stock. I then stamped the sentiment from the same set with cherry cobbler ink below the holly. I colored the holly and berries in with my aqua painter and ink from the always artichoke ink pad and the berries are colored with cherry cobbler ink. I cut the square so as the top of the holly would be out of the box. I matted the image and sentiment piece with crumb cake card stock. I mounted with some foam tape. I added some cherry cobbler and very vanilla seam binding ribbon across the middle and tied a bow. I like the two tone effect. I added a vintage brad to the center of the bow. I used my 3/4 inch circle punch to make the scallop cherry cobbler border. To finish it off I added some crystal effects to the holly and berries and sprinkled a bit of diamond dust glitter over the glaze while it was wet.

Here is a detail shot, so you can see a bit of the shine and glitter:






I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.

This week is Joanna's last week on the sketch team, she is scaling back some of her DT responsibility to gain some more family time We will miss her amazing creations, go by and give her some "Sweet Sunday" Love today

OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:

Karen-the Sweetest Thing

Jen-JenTapler Designs

Karen-Paper Playhouse

Laura-Scrapnextras

Lynn-The Queen's Scene

Sarah-Jane-Janeybell

Joanne Basile-just a little something....


Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

11 comments:

Jen Tapler said...

Wow. GORGEOUS Vicki!! I LOVE how that holly hangs over the top and the sparkle? Just lovely!

Wendy said...

Jaw dropping GORGEOUS! Love your coloring and all the sparkle! No wonder your my hero! :) Off to my fav's this goes!
Happy Sunday, friend!

Deb said...

What a beautiful card Vicki!! I love everything about it!! It is so awesome!

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this is gorgeous! Love the sparkle you added!! Perfect!

Karen Motz said...

This has a wonderful old world feel!!! LOVE the out-of-the-box holly!!!!!!!!

Marisa said...

Wonderfully elegant card, Vicki. Love the sparkle on the holly.

Cindy Beach said...

Totally vintage, I love your card, Vicki! The layered ribbons, the coloring, the out-of-the-box image -- everything! Will have to give this fun sketch a try.

Lynn Put said...

This is beautiful Vicki! I love this vintage look and the glazed and glittered holly is fantastic!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Fabulous Vicki! Love your rich traditional colours and the sprig of holly out of the box is awesome! Beautifully done!

Karen Giron said...

Wow!!! This is fantastic! The sparkle really adds a punch and that bow is divine!

Emily said...

Wowser Vicki! This is one classy looking card!!! Thanks for posting the close-up so we could see the glitz:)) Love it!!