Cards For Sale

Sunday, August 8, 2010

SSSC80.......For All You Do




GOOD SUNDAY MORNING PEEPS!!! It's my favorite time of the week, time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Sample

Here is the fabulous sketch Karen has for us this week:





OK I have to admit I am slow to get on the bandwagon of the vintage/distress trend, I really have trouble with the whole distress thingy, it goes against the grain for me, I am a clean, crisp and layers type girl. I LOVE all the vintage I am seeing, I just don't do it so well.

This card is a 5 inch square and the base is made with crumb cake card stock and then I followed that up with real red. The next layer is more crumb cake and I distressed this layer with my distressing tool. I used the stamp set, Just Believe and For All You Do. I inked up the flower with my markers and stamped onto whisper white, I used the spiral edge punch on each white piece. I sponge with my crumb cake ink pad and distressed and ripped and folded. The two side pieces are stamped with sentiments from the For All You Do Stamp set. I added a bow, some red brads and a mini library clip.


I hope you can find some time to play along with us this week, I would love to see what you come up with, create a card or scrapbook page with this sketch and then go to Karen's blog and link up your project for all of us to see.



OK, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:

Karen-the Sweetest Thing

Jen-JenTapler Designs

Karen-Paper Playhouse

Laura-Scrapnextras

Lynn-The Queen's Scene

Nancy-iStamp not playing for a while, but go by and give her some love.

Sarah-Jane-Janeybell

Joanne Basile-just a little something....



Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

14 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Vicki, this rocks! Love the pop of red and green and the amazing shabby look and feel! Cool details!

Jenn in GA said...

woman, you have been hitting it out of the park lately with all these sketch challenges! i LOVE this, and will probably CASE it at some point, even though i don't have this set.

fantastic!

Lynn Put said...

Oh WOW Vicki this is amazing!!! I love how you used this set and the distressing and the way you used the spiral punch looks fantastic!

Wendy said...

OMWord Vicki, this is fabulous!!! You know I am loving that new Just Believe set! Plus I love what you've done with this & the vintage look of it. You did beautifully, girl!!!
Happy Sunday!

Karen Giron said...

Ooooh!!! You rocked the distressed vintage look! Love the colors and the spiral edges - this is amazing!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

WOW!!!.. Um ... WOW!!! This is AMAZING Vicki. Love the distressing and the vintage look is AMAZING!!!

xx SJ

Diane Gilbert said...

Vicki this is GORGEOUS, you've done a fabulous job at distressing on this card!!

Congrats on being this week's Featured Stamper over at SU! Now which card to case??????

Hope your having a fabulous weekend!

Diane

Marisa said...

Wonderful venture into the vintage look, Vicki! Love that floral set and the pops of red are eye catching. Great use of the sketch.

Karen Motz said...

This is beautifully and perfectly distressed!!! I love love LOVE the feel of this card...it's amazing!!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Amazing how you can mess up the paper and make it look gorgeous - love this!

craftystamper said...

Terrific shabby look - amazingly distressful!! You've outdone yourself.

Stef Perry said...

You did a fabulous job with the "shabby" look, Vicki! Love the result!

Krista said...

Ah ! This is so pretty !!!

Jodene said...

This is a beautiful card Vicki, I love it!