Cards For Sale

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hello fall Basket Card




Hello Peeps!! This is my second post today!! I know!!!

I am super excited to share this basket card with you. Do you remember my Americana Bluebirds card? See it HERE! Right after making it, I had the idea for this card, a similar card with a pumpkin and blackbirds for the fall. I finally finished it up and wanted to share with you all!!

I made my base to look like a basket by weaving chocolate chip strips of card stock and attaching to the Shara sand base. I added some brads across the top and a handle to mimic the basket feel I was going for. This card could not go into an envelope or be mailed but would instead have to be hand delivered or attached to a fall gift basket.

I made the pumpkin by using my coluzzle. I cut three ovals out of pumpkin pie card stock and sponged the edges with pumpkin and tangerine tango ink. The birds are punches, the 1-3/8 inch circle, the photo corner, the wing from the two step bird punch, small circle punches for the eyes. The black birds are sponged on the edges with whisper white craft ink. The top of the pumpkin is a hand cut piece of old olive and is sponged with old olive ink. I made the curly pieces with slivers of old olive card stock that I wrapped around the end of my piercing tool. I cut the letters with my naturally serif sizzix alphabet strip.

Well, I hope you like it and if you have any questions. please shot me an e-mail. Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

10 comments:

Patty Sue 2 said...

How cute, a great little 'fall' card!

Jodi Collins said...

Vicki! This is OUT of control! Holy cannoli! I ADORE every bit of this AMAZING basket!!!

Lois said...

A-D-O-R-E-A-B-L-E!! You need to show me how to do the "basket weaving". I A-D-R-O-R-E this card, I want to case it!!!!!!

Marisa said...

Too cute!! Love the curly bits off the stem. Brilliantly done!

Rhonda Langley said...

Very creative! Love the blackbirds!

Kim said...

super cute! this will be on my punch art finds of the day in a couple days.

Kathy Martin said...

Oh so very CUTE! :)

Lynn Put said...

This is darling Vicki!!! Love the kissing black birds and woven basket look!

Pat said...

Absolutely adorable!

MaryR said...

completely adorable! I just love your little blackbirds!