Cards For Sale

Sunday, March 21, 2010

SSSC61 Happy Birthday




Good Sunday Morning Peeps!!! It is time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge!!!


Here is the sketch for this week:



Ok, it is simple, not much stamping and it's monochromatic but still cute huh? I like the monochromatic look and when I decided I wanted to use this big daisy for my focal point and I cut them out with my melon mambo card stock the rest of it just had to stay simple. I looked for some DS paper to match and came upon this paper from the "Razzleberry Lemonade" paper pack. The card base is melon mambo, followed by whisper white and then the DS paper. I used the pinking heart border punch, which I just got, I was trying to convince myself that I didn't need anymore punches, but who am I fooling I NEED all the punches I see!!! The sentiment comes from the "Stem Saying" stamp set. The middle of the daisies is a big silver flower brad. I have found it hard to use many of these big brads, but it really works for the center of this daisiy.

Well, let's see what the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team has in store for us this week:

Karen-the Sweetest Thing

Jen-JenTapler Designs

Karen-Paper Playhouse

Laura-Scrapnextras

Lynn-The Queen's Scene

Nancy-iStamp is taking the month off but go by her blog anyway.

Sarah-Jane-Janeybell

and joining us this week is the fabulous and uber talented:

Joanne Basile

Well, thank you for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

11 comments:

Marisa said...

Great flower, Vicki, and I love the brad in the center.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Fabulous! Love that flower as the focal point and the sentiment on the banner is perfect! Beautiful card!

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

LOVE your flower Vicki!!! WOW. And love how you've use the Flaga-dealie-ma-bobber thingy for your sentiment... BRILLIANT.

xx Sarah

Lynn Put said...

Vicki your card for the sketch is wonderful! I love the big daisy flower and your Melon Mambo monochromatic color scheme!

PS one can never have enough punches :)

Karen Motz said...

Love the sweet simplicity of this card and the fabulous brad in the center of the flower.

Pam Speidel said...

Another BEAUTY! It's FABULOUS Vicki! :)

Michelle W said...

Very pretty!

Two Happy Stampers said...

Love the daisy focal point... great job! =)

Karen Giron said...

I love this card Vicki - the clean and simple look is fabulous! The grid paper is one of my favorites and the little flower brad looks so perfect nested in the flower.

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous! LOVE that big flower!

Rhonda Langley said...

Lovely! Love the flower and the sentiment!