Cards For Sale

Sunday, October 25, 2009

SSSC41 BOO!



Good Sunday Morning Peeps! It is time for another Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. I loved working with this sketch:



The card is made with a base of basic black and followed with some pumpkin pie and then the DS paper comes from the fun Night & Day pack. The stamp set I used is "Autumn Harvest" and the spider and sentiment comes from the retired "Autumn Apparitions" set.

I used my MS spider web punch on the side piece.

I sponged the BG of the main image piece with chocolate chip and night of navy. The jack-o-lantern is stamped onto watercolor paper and colored and then cut out and I used some dimensionals to mount him. I used another MS punch for the fence. I stamped the BOO onto watercolor paper too and used circle punches and the circle scallop punch to punch it out and mat it. I added some sticky silver rhinestones to the spider for eyes and around the sentiment scallop.

why not join in on the fun and create a card using Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch, then go to Karen's blog and link your card there so all of us can see your creation!

Be sure to visit each of the Sweet Sunday Stampers below for more samples using this weeks sketch!


Karen-the Sweetest Thing

Jen-JenTapler Designs taking the week off

Karen-Paper Playhouse

Laura-Scrapnextras

Lynn-The Queen's Scene

Nancy-iStamp taking the week off

Sarah-Jane-Janeybell


Thanks so much for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

12 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Great card Vicki. The main image looks amazing and I am loving your spider web punch, it looks amazing.

xx Sarah

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Oh I just love that spiderweb border!! The sentiment is fun and your sponging makes it so spooky! Awesome take on the sketch!

Lynn Put said...

What an awesome Halloween card! The details of the spider web and fence border with the little rhinestones for the spiders eyes and saying look fantastic!

Karen Motz said...

Ooooh...spooky!!!! LOVE this!!! It has so many layers...lots to look at!!! My fave is that little spider with his silver eyes...CUTE!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Girl, you totally rocked this challenge! Love this Halloween card!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is so cute!!!!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is so cute!!!!

Emily said...

What a great Halloween card Vicki! Love your paper choices and the accents around your "Boo":)) Super cute!!!!

Rhonda Langley said...

Another fabulous card! Cute pumpkin and great use of that wonderful Night & Day paper!

Jaspere said...

Fabulous! Just Fabulous!

Mary J said...

I really love your card - especially the houndstooth background against the text - fab job!

Kathy W said...

Cute card! I like how you used your Halloween punches for this, and like Mary J, I also like that houndstooth dp. Thanks for sharing.