Cards For Sale

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

MTSC Happy Fall



Happy Hump Day Peeps! Hope all is well with you!

Today's card is made with Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge.

I love these long and low cards! This one is started with a base of Soft Suede. the next layer is made with pumpkin pie card stock and the DS paper is from the Razzleberry Lemonade pack.

I received alot of positive feedback during the Catty Cruise, on the big pumpkin I made (last card in the post) using one of the stamps from the "Pumpkin Patch" set, so I thought I would do another!

I stamped 5 ovals onto some whisper white card stock and cut them out. I layered them from front to back alternating the ovals. I then stamped the stem, with old olive, on some scrap white and cut it out leaving a longer strip at the bottom to tuck into the layers of the pumpkin, behind the first layer. I marked lightly with a pencil where the pumpkin was to be located on my white panel and then stamped the curly vine pieces, not sure what they are called, directly onto the white. I then stamped in a bunch of grass, all these stamps are in the Pumpkin Patch set. I mounted the pumpkin with a few dimensionals to the white panel. I then layered that panel with some soft suede and then pumpkin pie card stock.

I used a MS punch for the bottom element and layered a strip of soft suede over it. I then added some soft suede grosgrain ribbon across. I used some crochet thread and a needle to add my "X's". I had pierced the holes first with my mat pack and piercing tool. While I had that out I had to add a bit more piercing!!!

The sentiment comes from the retired "Happy Blessings" set and I inked up a portion of the stamp with soft suede and stamped onto white. I punched it out with my 1 inch circle punch and matted it with a 1-1/4 inch circle of soft suede.

I thought it needed a bit more, don't I always? So I added an old olive bow to the pumpkin and three orange sticky pearls under the sentiment.

Well, that is all for today, thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

10 comments:

Unknown said...

vicki...SHUT UP!!! this is such a wonderful fall card, lady! love the crisp and clean lines, the border punch, the stitching, the color combo...LOVE IT ALL!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done such an amazing job!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Deb said...

Vicki, this is a fantastic card!!! Love the border punch, stitching, and especially the pumpkins!!! I love all your cards though, always inspiring. :-)

Jacquel said...

Beautiful card Vicki...love the layout too! tfs!!!

Wendy said...

Oooh this is a very nice card!! Love the colors too!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card! I love every detail!

Reina said...

Again you have out done yourself! Everything about this card is lovely.

Kim Pope said...

Great card Vicki.

Lynn Put said...

Vicki this is such a sweet fall card! You did a fabulous job!

Lois said...

Beautiful card Vicki. Love everything about it.

Rhonda Langley said...

That pumpkin is great and so is this card! Love the long card! And little bitty stitches with real thread! Impressive!