Cards For Sale

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Thank You




Good Sunday Morning Peeps! Hope you all have enjoyed the Catty Cruise Blog Hop, I know I sure did, it was so much fun to go from blog to blog and see all the fabulous creations! I am honored and humbled to be included in this wonderful group of stampers. Just a little FYI for all of you, we will be having another catty cruise for the upcoming mini in September so keep an eye out for more info on that. Also you may want to bookmark the Catty Cruise Line Home Port where in the future you will find Profiles of our Stewards, like mini bios, along with some of their projects and other info regarding the upcoming cruise.

So on to today's card. I made this one for the Weekend Sketch Challenge

Most everything I used on this card is retired.....SIGH, I know I love this image from the SU set "Give Thanks" I stamped it onto white cardstock with black pigment ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. I colored the image with my copics markers, I love these and want to learn how to use them, I am fumbling with them alot. I have only mastered this one image with them. I have done it a few times. There is such a learning curve with them, but I have read alot and watched a few videos on the net, but I would love to take a class when I can find one in my area.

I used kraft cardstock for my base which is a 4-1/2 inch square/ I followed that with some white card stock and then some kraft print. The squares on the side are real read followed by some more textured cardstock from the retired, Taste of textile DS pack.The sentiment comes from Garden Greetings and is stamped on white and matted with more real red. I added a red button, from my stash, to the end. I then used some red striped ribbon to make a bow to add to the opposite corner, this is the only part of the card I do not like, I am just not feeling that bow.

I am using this card to give to a the two little ladies who leave next door to us along with some of my homemade apple butter, that I canned last fall. They are super sweet neighbors always keeping an eye on things for us and just generally making the neighborhood a pleasant place to live.

Well, that is all for today, have to go help hubby with some yard work, thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!

Vicki

12 comments:

Lois said...

Vicki, your card is beautiful as always. Your neighbors will love it. And your apple butter will be a hit also. )I've got some of it and it's mmmmmmm good).
Your coloring is awesome. When I grow up, I want to color like you.

Sporty Stamper said...

What a lovely card. Great job with the coloring and the color combo. Just fabulous!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful card! I think the bow is perfect! I'm sure your neighbors will love it!

Vicki said...

Oh Vicki, I love this the colours are fab, love the image too!

Vicki x

Dana Hatch said...

really nice colors and summery card!

Nancy Riley said...

That is some spectacular coloring of the stamped image, my friend! What a GREAT card!

Kathleen said...

What a great card. I'm sure your neighbors will love it. I have never heard of Apple Butter before, it sounds interesting.

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

Lovely card -- so cheerful and yummy-looking!

Sara said...

So pretty! I love it.

Rhonda Langley said...

Beautiful! Your coloring is wonderful and I love the kraft with the real red!

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, your colouring with the copics is AMAZING girl! Your bucket looks awesome!!! Love the highlights on your apples too!!!

Jacquel said...

Your card is fab Vicki and your coloring is simply amazing!