Cards For Sale

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Upside Down Kind & Caring Thoughts



Good Sunday Morning Peeps. I don't usually post on Sunday but I was super excited about this card, I couldn't wait!!!

I had the idea a couple of days ago when playing with the new Level 3 hostess set, Kind & Caring Thoughts. I thought the flower if turned up-side down would look like fireworks! I think it really does!

I used shimmer white cardstock and masked off the stem and inked the flower up with real red ink and night of navy ink and stamped them. I used a sentiment from A Little Birdie Told Me.

I added some dazzling diamonds glitter to the "fireworks" with my quickie glue pen. The base of the card is Night of Navy followed by white and then real red. I used Classic Stars wheel, for the BG on the real red cardstock, rolled it with real red ink. The night of navy strip is punched on the end with a square punch on an angle and pierced with my piercing tool and mat pack. I added a strip of night of navy punched with the lace edge punch to the bottom of the main image panel that is up on pop dots. I finished off with three white brads in the top left corner and it is done, no ribbon and no DS paper!!!!!

Well, that is all for today, thanks for coming by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

13 comments:

Lois said...

How awesome is this. Something I would of never thought of. This is GREAT!!! Perfect for the 4th.

Lois

Dawn Easton said...

Girl you are BRILLIANT! Great out of the box thinking!!! Such a clean and crisp card!!

Twila said...

Now that's what I call thinking outside the box! Great idea. I love it and what a great card.

Joanne Travis said...

Love this image as firworks!! So cool.

Sara said...

WOW, gorgeous! How cool that you thought of that!

carol h said...

WOW!!!!! What a great idea!!! The card if perfect for the 4th of July!!! TFS

Margaret said...

That is super!!! I am very impressed.

Sharon Carr said...

I just love your card! Great thinking outside the box idea!

Anonymous said...

What a nifty idea!

Create With Christy said...

What a great idea! I'm going to have to do this with my set!

Jen Mitchell said...

WOW! Last year I made fireworks out of a snowflake stamp, but this is so much better. Thanks so much for sharing.

Rhonda Langley said...

Fabulous fireworks! Great card!

Nicole B said...

Oooooh...how creative!
You've inspired me~
Happy 4th~
Nicole
nmbailey5@verizon.net