Cards For Sale

Monday, June 1, 2009

SFYTT You're A Friend



Good Monday Morning Peeps!! Hope You all had a great weekend! I had some fun stamping time on Saturday with some good friends. We stamped, we ate, we laughed.....three of my favorite things!!! Today is my official first day of being un-employed!!! Seems really strange....but I will get use to it I am sure and when it is time to get out and really hunt for a job, I will be scared to death!

Well, on to today's card. It is made with Jen's Sketch for You to Try. I was greatly inspired by this card made by Connie Collins.

I started with a base of riding hood red, followed by so saffron and baja breeze. The DS paper is the Sweet Slumber Textured Pack, one of my favorites from this catalog, I just love baja and riding hood red, I will hate it when they retire.

The stamp set is the Great Friend set from the mini and I used the Birds and Blooms sizzlet to make the flowers. I don't have a Big Shot, just the cuttlebug and it is just about impossible to get those little sizzlets to work in it. If any one has any tips for using the cuttlebug with the sizzlets and getting it to cut well, please let me know.

I added sticky pearls to the flower centers and on the corners of the squares. No ribbon on this one.

Well, that is it for today, Thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

8 comments:

brenda said...

Very nice card, has a classy elegance about it yet a modern feel with the DP's.

B x

Lois said...

I love it!!! it's so pretty!

Michelle said...

Wow! You really made those colors together look cute! I love this card!!

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful Vicki! Love those colours together!

~amy~ said...

really sweet card!

Lee P. said...

Hi there, i have a cuttlebug too and use the little sizzlets...try adding an additional piece of cardstock as a "shim"; works for me. Hope it helps!

Rhonda Langley said...

I absolutely love this card! I just got this paper yesterday; I may have to CASE this one!!!

Connie Collins said...

Oh my...glad that I inspired you. Your card is lovely!