Cards For Sale

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Best Wishes



Happy Thursday Peeps! Hope all is well with you and the week is going good! We are the down hill slide to the weekend!!

Today's card is made with the sketch on splitcoast. While blurfing, blog surfing, a while back I saw this card. I had been wanting to try to make a version of it for sometime. This is what I came up with.

I started with a base of chocolate chip, followed that with some whisper white and then some DS paper from the Bella Rose pack. The stamp sets I used are Spring Solitude, Short & Sweet and Wild About You. Unusual for me, I almost always use just one set. The "trees" are colored in with markers, in chocolate chip, really rust and close to cocoa, the bird is stamped with really rust, twice, cut out and popped up, the sentiment is stamped in chocolate chip ink. I added a row of piercing under the the "trees".

I know it looks kinda "Fall-ish", but I love it, love the colors, they are my favorite "family" of colors

I used the swiss dot embossing folder one the white strip and the chocolate chip squares under the main panel. I added three antique copper brads and tied a pretty knot bow with some chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon.

Well, that is it for now, Thanks for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!!

Vicki

12 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

HOLY MOLEY !!!!!!!! I love this! What a unique look you've achieved with this stamp set!

Vicki said...

Lovely card Vicki, I do love chocolate brown, it just seems to go with anything.

Vicki x

Kathleen said...

Beautiful card. I love all the details that you put into each and every card. TFS!

Kim Pope said...

Beautiful!! I love it.

Jacquel said...

I love it Vicki...the layout is awesome! nice work!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous Vicki! I love the colours!!! I've made some fallish cards lately too....you can never start too early ;)

Lois said...

AWESOME card, but then I think all your cards are awesome.

Jaspere said...

This is lovely. Those colors are awesome and you are ahead of the game.

Rose said...

Love this card! I really like your embossing and all the detail you used! Great work!

Sara said...

Gorgeous!!!

Rhonda Langley said...

I really love this card!! Love the trees and the textured white with the polka dot brown paper!

Tina said...

What an awsome card love the color combo!