Cards For Sale

Thursday, March 12, 2009

I Miss You



Good Thursday Morning Peeps!

Today's card is made for two challenges on Splitcoast. The color challenge on Tuesday was to use basic Black, Always Artichoke and Rose Red and today's Ways to Use It Challenge is to use green.

I started with a base of basic black, followed with some always artichoke and then basic black again. I then used some always artichoke DS paper. I cut a top note die out and used that for my main image panel. I stamped the tree from SU's Branch Out set in chocolate chip and then made the leaves in artichoke. I stamped the boots with artichoke twice, once on the main image and then again on some scrap, cut them out and mounted them with a pop dot over the first pair. The rose red came into the card in the way of my butterflies, small amount, but still there. I stamped the bird with black and cut it out and glued him on the tree.

Wen the new catalog came out there was a thread on splitcoast about this set and how many of them did not "get" the boots. They made perfect sense to me.

In the summers we spent alot of time at my grandparents. They had a huge garden and we all had to help out with it. At the edge of the garden there was a huge tree with a table under it where we would all sit after working or when we needed a break. I remember there was almost always a pair of muddy boots by the tree, where someone had took them off after coming in from the garden. As a kid I did not like working in the garden that much, but looking back now it was great times and the best food came from that garden we eat on it all winter, the green beans, the potatoes, the tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, corn, squash, okra, peppers, you name it and grandma always had a few rows of flowers at one end.

Anyway, that is my card for today, a tribute to my grandparents and their garden! I miss them both!

Thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Vicki

8 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful colors. love it.

Jacquel said...

Fabulous card as always Vicki and the colors you used are great!

You want some of the Kind Word images? You want all of them? Let me know and I can stamp away and send you some!!

linnes said...

Beautiful card and nice stamp set, I just love trees.

Cheryl Hirzel said...

I am liking this tree so much - and your crad is to terrific I'm afraid I'm caving! Thanks for convincing me I need it!

carol h said...

Beautiful and very poignant card. My grandparents did the same thing, only my grandad used his "boots" for stomping wine. :)

Great card, and wonderful story

Jaspere said...

Beautiful. Love those boots by the tree.

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this is beautiful!!! I love your layout!! I didn't order this stamp set and am regretting it now...haha! I'll be sure to have it on my NEXT order ;)
Thanks for the inspiration!

Becky said...

Fabulous card, love this image.